52•Jack

• Mason POV •

Things weren't supposed to turn out this way at all. If I could take back everything, I honestly don't know if I would, but the only thing I'd for sure take back is taking things I don't have enough for.

"Your friends here." Maddi said opening my room door.

I knew she wasn't going to leave me in here alone with them, the first one that came in with her was Dylan. He was my best friend, we were friends before and after my concussion. It's just after the concussion, he introduced me to his other friends.

Maddi sat in the chair by the corner, the door opened again and James came in, he was wearing casual clothes this time. He whispered something to Maddi and she nodded.

Dylan walked over to me and pulled a chair over to sit. "This is all my fault." He said, staring at the bandages on my arm. I shrugged, "I'm alive." I said, "Yeah, but there's a good chance that you would've been dead." He told me, I shook my head, "No. I got shot on my right arm, no where near any super important organs." I laughed.

"That isn't funny, Mason." He snapped. I rolled my eyes, "I shouldn't have gave you the-" I cut him off. "Shh." I whispered. I motioned for him to come closer, "He's a police officer." I whispered. "Mason, you guys can't whisper." Maddi said.

Dylan looked back at them then back to me. "I already got questioned and crap. I told everything, except who you got the drugs from." He said quietly. I nodded, "You shouldn't have said anything." I said sitting up. I wanted to get up, but I didn't want them all to see my junk, so I stayed sitting.

"Your life was at risk, I was telling." He said, "We're minors, the worst that could happen to us is we go to Juvy, but we aren't. No one really has proof that anything we said is true." He told me.

"Yeah, besides the fact that I had to pee in a cup, they're gonna get negative results." I told him, "Dylan, your turn is up." Maddi said. He got up and put his hand on my left shoulder.

"No wait, give him one more minute." I said.

"Alright, fifty seconds." She said. He sat back down.

"Does it hurt?" He asked, I nodded my head. "They were supposed to drug you so it wouldn't." He told me. I nodded again, "They did when I was sleep, but when I woke up it was out of my system and Laura didn't want me to have them when I was up." I told him.

He's probably the only person that knows about my crazy life. Like everything, from when my parents first died to being switched from home to home. I just trusted him.

"When are you going back to school?" He asked, I shrugged. "I don't think I'm allowed to go back." I mumbled. "Oh. You only get your Freshman year once." He reminded me, I nodded. "Unless I fail." I said, I'm heading that direction too.

"All of this sucks." He told me, I nodded. "It should have been Ty and not you." He said, "I deserved it actually." I said. "No you didn't. Stop being naive." He said, "Ty doesn't deserve it either." I said, he shook his head.

"It's his fault." He said, I laughed, "I thought it was yours." I reminded him, "If you weren't shot I would punch you. It's not funny." He snapped.

"I got shot, not you. Let me deal with this in my own way. I don't need anymore people trying to be my mom anymore." I said.

"Times up." Maddi said, she and Dylan walked out and James walked over to me.

"Wanna know something?" He asked me, "No, but I bet you're going to tell me." I mumbled. "Not if you don't wanna know." He shrugged sitting where Dylan was sitting.