17•

• Maddi POV •

"Maddi, you're phone is ringing." Tyler was shaking me so I'd wake up. I groaned and rolled over to face her. "Your ring tone is so damn annoying." She sighed. I smiled sleepily and got up to answer it.

I glanced at the time. 9 o'clock. I groaned and shot up when I saw the caller ID.

Early Childhood Pregnancy Center.

"Hello?" I croaked. Tyler looked questioningly. "Is this Matilda Greene?"

"Y-yeah." I stuttered even though she was wrong, but a lot of people make my name longer than it actually is. I wanted to tell Tyler to leave, but I couldn't. I had to think of some lie and quickly. "We have your test results, I need you to come in before five to see them." She said. I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing was coming out.

"See you soon." The lady spoke then the line died.

"Why we're you getting a call from there?" She asked. I shrugged, think fast...

"My mom had me as a teenager and we're just going over where I was born for the court case." I lied, and that sounded like shit.

"Do you have to go there?" She asked, I nodded, "I'm going." She added. I couldn't really tell her no, she always goes with me to everywhere and this one time would make things obvious that I'd been hiding a secret. Multiple secrets in that case.

For one, I'm not a virgin and I lost that card when I was sixteen, and then I may be pregnant... I could lose my home if I were.

She got up and ran out. Probably to get ready.

I got up to do the same.

I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth then I went back in my room and got dressed, I put on a hoodie and then I put on some black jeans. That didn't button up... but good enough, my hoodie covered it. I put on a belt just to be safe.

When I came out Tyler was sitting down waiting. "You took forever." she said. I noticed she wasn't wearing make up and that made her look different. Not a bad different though, she looked the same amount of pretty.

I smiled slightly and we walked out.

"I'm gonna wait in the car." Tyler said pushing her seat back. I nodded gratefully and went in.

As soon as I sat down a lady came out, "I need you to sign in please." she told me. I nodded and did that. I was about to sit again, but she pulled me to a room.

"Next time you come back you have to put your full name." she said. I crinkled my eyebrows. "I did?" I stated questioningly.

She shook her head, "You keep putting down just Maddi, it says on your birth certificate that your name is Matilda." she shrugged.

This time I shook my head, "No, I'm pretty sure my name is Maddi." I corrected. She flipped pages on her clip board and showed me my birth certificate.

My jaw dropped, it had all my information on there. I'm just confused on why my name is Matilda and no one ever told me.

"How'd you find that?" I asked. My original one burnt down in the fire. "We have all your medical records."

I had dropped Tyler off at our apartment because she was going to be meeting Justin for a date later and I left for Sadie's apartment.

I unfolded my results and my heart instantly dropped when I saw that I was pregnant.

What am I going to do about this...