3•

• Maddi POV •

"Maddi?" he said.

I felt someone had been following me, I turned around prepared to snap at someone, but turns out it was Carter.

A part of me wanted to run up and hug him and the other part wanted to run away. Hell, all of me wanted to run up and hug him, but how would he react?

I had just gotten back in town with my mentor, Mrs. Martin. She agreed to me coming back with her and another girl named Tyler to live here instead of staying in another city we were foreign to.

He started walking faster towards me so I did the same to him. I ended up running, all of me said to do it. I ran to him and jumped in his arms hugging him. He wrapped his arms around me so tightly that if I were two I'd probably suffocate. I was suffocating now, but I didn't care. I felt like I could've died in his arms. I thought I had gotten over him, but those thoughts emerged my mind once I saw him.

"Maddi." he said in my hair. I hugged him so tight. I missed being in his arms so much. I wrapped my legs around his waist and buried my head in his neck. "Maddi." he repeated. "It's me Carter." I said. We were like this for about a thousand minutes.

I felt him nod and I put my legs down still hugging him. "Where have you been? I've been worried sick about you." he exclaimed. I don't know, for the past two years... Orphanage to orphanage.

"I fucking missed you so much." he told me. I felt my eyes watering. I pulled away and looked up at him. "Are you not mad about what I did?" I asked him. He looked at me questioningly. "You know, because I broke up with you without telling you anything?" I added.

He just hugged me again, "Did you really think Matthew wasn't going to tell me?" he retorted. I looked down, "I'm pretty sure he told you everything." I mumbled. He nodded, "but I'm not mad at you, I just really missed you and that's all that matters." he said. I nodded and he hugged me again.

"You're squeezing me a little too tight." I groaned. "Shut up." he said. "I mean don't shut up it's just that it's been two years." he added. I sighed and hugged him again.

"I know, I should've told you." I said. He nodded, "Let's go get something to eat." he suggested.

He grabbed my hand, which was still a little risky. He smiled down at me and we kept walking. I wanted to pull away just as much as I didn't, but if he still had those feelings he needed this. Besides I can't really just yank away because of what I did two years ago, today.

That's weird actually running into someone you'd broke up with two years later on the same day.

I looked up at him and he was actually smiling. That smile gave me butterflies and so did holding his hand.

We walked down to the food court and he ordered us Chinese food. I laughed nervously, when I opened the box there was an eggroll. "I don't like eggrolls, you can have it." I told him. "Yes you do." he argued. I shook my head. "That's Sawyer." I stated. "Oh." he said looking away. "Sorry." he added. I placed my hand over his. "It's okay it's been a while how would you of remembered that I didn't like eggrolls?" I said trying to make him feel better.

"You like my eggroll." he spoke. My ear tips burned. "I love how you still do that." he said. I covered them up and he chuckled. "You're cute." he told me.

"We should get going." he said after we finished eating. I nodded and we walked out. "Bye, Carter." I said walking the other direction. He grabbed my arm and pulled me back to him.

"Please don't go again." he pleaded. He looked so sad and depressed. I sighed, "I have to go do something." I said. "Yeah so do I, but I also want to catch up with you. I missed you and I can't get enough of you." he said. I sighed, "Alright, but only for an hour." I told him.

I walked with him to his car and he opened my door. "Is Carter learning how to be a gentleman?" I teased. He chuckled and got in.

"I never thought about how girls liked for guys to open their doors." he told me. "I thought I wasn't like most girls." I reminded him. He laughed, "When I told you that I meant that like you were prettier and meaner." he said. I gasped, "What, I'm not mean." I joked. I knew I was, I was only kidding.

"I mean, you're just prettier." he said. I laughed.

He pulled into an apartment complex. "You live here?" I asked. He smirked and nodded. "I seriously thought you still lived with your mom." I said honestly. "Really? I'm twenty." he stated. I laughed and shrugged, "I moved out of my parents house when I was ten, I've been living alone since."

"That's different." He said cautiously.

We walked inside his apartment and as I thought there were boxes everywhere and the only thing taken out was a game.

He sat down and I sat beside him. "I wanna play." I lied. I didn't, but I remember he liked when girls could play games. He definitely wasn't about to play alone when he practically drug me here to hang out.

"Alright." he smiled, handing me a controller. He cut the system on and went to one of the games. He started it and it was really loud. All we could hear was shooting.

"You have the top screen." he told me. I nodded. There was red stuff all on my screen. "Did you kill me?" I asked. He shook his head laughing. "Sorry." he said.

I hit him, "Teach me how to play!" I fussed. He pulled me over, I was now in his lap and he kissed my cheek. He got a lot stronger than from the last time I'd seen him and he's not as short and scrawny anymore.

He put his hands over mine and moved my fingers. "Okay, I got it now." I said. He let go and I started playing on my own. "That's hot." he told me. I felt his pants tighten on my butt and I shifted around because it was kind of uncomfortable. His hands gripped my hips and he grinded into me. "Carter, what are you doing?" I asked. He didn't answer, he just kissed on my neck.

He started sucking on it and leaving love bites. He rubbed on my body before flipping me around and grabbing my ass. He kissed me agiain and I pushed him away by his chest. "I'm- Sor- Sorry." he stuttered.

"What is this?" I asked. He stared at me for awhile panting. "Whatever you want it to be." he said. I grabbed his cheeks and slammed my lips into his. He groaned into my mouth. I started grinding on him as he did the same.

"Let's take this to my room." he said. I got up and he grabbed my ass before picking me up bridal style and carrying me to his room.

He placed me on his bed before he went back to close and lock the door. When he came back he pushed me back lightly and hovered over me. We started removing each other's clothes and kissing.

I straddled him as we continued to make out. I panted and he flipped us over.

He took off his boxers and slid into me without any warning. I moaned loudly as he grinded his area into mine. I bit his shoulder not letting it or anything go.

He thrusted in and out until we both reached our peaks and he collapsed into me and rested his head on my heart.

I breathed heavily while he just laid there.

He took himself out of me and got off the bed taking the cover off with him to cover his parts. I laughed as he walked down to pick up our under garments. He put his boxers back on and walked back over to me.

He grabbed my leg and pulled up my underwear and then I sat up. He latched my bra back on and put his t shirt he wore today over my head.

He got back in bed and laid next to me. He turned on his side facing the other way so I turned on my side and laid my leg on his body with my hand, he intertwined our fingers and I laid my head behind him. "I'm staying the night." I joked. He chuckled and I could tell he was sleepy. "Goodnight beautiful." he said. I smiled and kissed his back. "We just had sex, I need to shower." I told him.