53•Hate

Maddi without make up ^^^

• Carter POV •

I watched her as she walked away, I just stood there and watched her go. The girl I tried so hard to be with for months, the girl I looked for, for two years, the woman I tried to get back together with. and I just let her go.

Someone opened the front door to my apartment.

It was Matthew and Jack. I sighed and stood and Sadie came in after them. "Sit, Carter." She demanded. "Matthew you sit, too."

"You guys are seriously so stupid, Matthew, I'm sorry I laughed at you, but you and Carter can't leave here until you are friends." she said. "We are friends, we're always going to be friends, I just don;t like him right now. So if you'll excuse me. I have to go get Maddi back." I said walking to the door.

"I'm going to text her in an hour, you have an hour Rice Boy." she announced.

I rolled my eyes at the nickname. The drive to the hospital was awkward and long, even though it was just me.

When I pulled up, she, James, and Mason were sitting in the waiting room. She stood up and walked over to me. "If you changed your mind about me, I understand you're just here for Mason, but I need you to go and leave me alone." She said getting straight to the point. "I don't wanna do this in front of you injured brother and ex boyfriend, so can we go somewhere more private?" I asked. She nodded.

I followed her to the hall from earlier. "I'm sorry that I'm such an asshole." I told her, she sighed, but didn't speak. "I wanna try again with you and I can prove to you that I do." I announced, she nodded. "Okay." she said biting her lip. "What? That easy?" I questioned, she shrugged. "Just the next time I kiss you, you better kiss back or I'll punch you in your mouth." she threatened.

I smiled and hugged her, she hugged back. "I can kiss you now." I suggested. She shook her head, "Mason goes home in like ten minutes, I can't see him for the rest of the day, so pick me up at eight and we'll go from there." She said then walked away.

It's like she had everything planned out... I was kind of scared honestly.

***

• Maddi POV •

Before Carter had even showed up, I got a text from Sadie, informing that he was on his way. I prepared everything I needed to say before he got there and Sadie and I even planned a double date to get him and Matthew back to being best friends.

I had on a sweater and a pair of leggings, but the sweater covered my butt, and I had a pair of toms on. I didn't put on any make up and I left my hair natural.

I wasn't ugly... but I didn't feel normal.

I sent a picture to Sadie and she told me I looked comfortable, which was what I was aiming for. If Carter wants me back, it ain't going to be easy. He's got to prove himself.

My doorbell rang and I went to go open it.

Carter had on a pair of jeans and a t shirt. A casual look, he cocked his head at me. "Do you have somewhere in mind you want to go?" He asked, I smiled and nodded. "I'm driving." I said, holding my hand out for the keys. I handed him a blind fold and started driving.

"You look really beautiful." He complimented. I smiled, "You can't even see me." I laughed, he shrugged. "When I see a beautiful face, I never forget what it looks like." He said, "You're so fucking cheesy." I teased. He shrugged again.

Shortly, I pulled into Hooters. Matthew and Sadie were already seated according to the hostest. Once I got him seated, I waited until the lady was close enough and I took off Carter's blind fold as Sadie did Matthew's.