chapter four

POV: no one

"What?" Gothel asked as she turned her head and gave a half glare to the teens "oh, well we were hoping, you would take us to see the floating lights" Rapunzel told Gothel as she opened the curtains on the wall, revealing the painting she'd made of her brother and herself watching the lanterns

"Oh, you mean the stars"  Gothel told Rapunzel. "Thats the thing, (y/n) has charted stars and they're always constant" she said as she used her hair to open a small rounded window on the rood of the tower. The light that came in, shined around the rood and showed the constellations thats she'd painted on with the help of her brothers knowledge of the solar system and all the stars in it

"These lights always appear every year on our birthday, only on our birthday, Mother" (y/n) said as Rapunzel walked back to the painting of them and the lights "i, we, cant help but feel that they're meant for us. We need to see them mother, and not just from the window, in person, i have to know what they are" Rapunzel spoke.

POV: yours

I could see that mother was getting frustrated, i wanted to tell Rapunzel to stop but she ignored my signals toward her "you want to go outside, is that it? Oh, children. Look at you" she started her song

"As fragile as flowers. Still little saplings, just sprouts-"

I

huffed as mother walked to Rapunzel, ignoring me completely. She's always given Rapunzel more attention, i didn't hate Rapunzel for this, mother just favored her more because she had magical hair.

I walked to my bedroom, leaving mother to scare Rapunzel with all her stories of the outside world like she does with any questions we have about the outside world.

I sat on my bed as i looked over my music sheets and listened to the muffled song "soon but not yet, trust me, my pet" i vwry quietly mocked her voice.

I focused on my music sheers and tried to hum the melody I've been working on, it wasn't something i knew or made up, it was something i dreamt about a couple times, it's broken and I'm trying to put it together but it just won't work out without the missing bits and pieces.

Some of it did make sense, it sounded almost like the song Rapunzel sings to make her hair glow but the wording is off so i need to figure out what my dreams are trying to tell me.

"Flower...gleam and glow...no, its not gleam and glow, its something else..."

Rapunzel walked into my room all upset "mother told me about whats out there again...do men really have pointy teeth?" She asked as she sat down "do i have pointy teeth?" I asked her "no...but your not a man, you're my brother...who happens to be male..." i raised my eyebrow "mhm. So, are we going to skip the drama, stay with mama?" I asked, knowing the song by heart

"No. Im leaving i going to tell mother to get me the seashell paint and when shes gone, im going to see the lights, are you coming with me?" She explained and i furrowed my brows "are you insane? No, we cant leave the tower, mother already told us no"

She sighed "then I'm going now. Before mother comes back, im not waiting for her, if she asks where i am, tell her that im painting in my room, keel her out of there, ill be back tomorrow night, after i see the lights" she said as she stood up and i followed her

"No! Rapunzel, id mother finds out-" "she won't. You'll keep her out of my room, or we'll both get into trouble" i saw as she grabbed a small basket and packed some fruit and water then put her hair onto the hook "as your older brothe, i forbid you to leave" i ordered her. She rolled her eyes "please..." i pleased as a last resort

"Pascal can stay with you" she said as she jumped from the tower. I ran to the window to see if she was okay and saw that she made it to the ground. She waved at me and ran. I watched as the rest of her hair left the tower, following her body that was already out of sight.

My breathing quickened as i stared at the end of her hair dissapearing intk the woods "Pascal, mother's going to kill me! I should have gone with her, i can't now, how do i get down, i dont have long magical hair!" I continued to ramble but Pascals tongue then landed on my face

"Thats gross! Don't do that ever again!"

POV: Flynn Rider (every time i write flynn my emoji autocorrect wants to turn the name into a ❤ )

I stopped running to catch my breath by a tree and saw wanted flyers with pictures of me and the twins on them.

"Oh no, no, no, no, this is bad, this is very very bad, this is really bad....they just can't get my nose right" i said looking at the flyer "who cares?" Sideburns asked "well that's easy for tou to say, you guys look amazing" i looked at their flyer but then we heard horses coming our way and saw the kind guards.

I put the flyer of myself into my satchel and started running again with the twins. We came to a dead end. "Alright, give me a boost and ill pull you up" i said but they asked me for the satchel firts, not trusting me, with right reason.

I gave it to them and sideburns then climbed onto eyepatchs shoulders. I then climbed the human ladder and grabbed the satchel as i did. Once i was on the cliff, i looked back and told them that i couldn't help them up because my hands were full, i then showed them the satchel and made a run for it.

I saw the guards running my way. I jumped over a fallen tree and only one guard and horse made it through. I continued running and saw a vine. I grabbed hold of it and swung around the tree it was on, kicking the guard off of the horse and i landed on the horses back.

"Heeyah! Haha" i yelled but the horse stopped running and i almost fell off of him. He turned his head to look at me and tried to grab the satchel "no, no, stop it...stop! Hey!" The satchel flew from my hand and landed hanging on a tree branch, over a cliff.