chapter ten

No ones pov
With (y/n) and Flynn (and Pascal)

It was dark out, (y/n) and Eugene sat on a large tree root that grew above ground, Eugene started a fire to keep them warm and to dry off. They sat in silence for a long while, Eugene watched (y/n) as he stared at the fire.

Eugene didn't want to say anything because all he wanted to talk about was what happened in the cave but he didn't want to upset (y/n).

"So...Eugene Fitzherbert huh?" (Y/n) asked, trying to start a new conversation "ah, yeah. Well, I'll spare you the sob story of poor orphan Eugene Fitzherbert. It's a little bit of a downer." Eugene looked down as the other male scooted closer to him, interested in the story "heh. There was this book i used to read every night to all the younger kids, the tales of Flynnagan Ryder. Swashbuckling rogue, richest man alive, not bad with the lads and ladies either, not that he'd ever brag about it, of course."

(Y/n) gave a small chuckle and asked "was he a thief too?" Eugene looked at (y/n) "you know about that?" "Well, the crowns, wanted posters, guards after you, it was kind of obvious, not from the start but it became obvious"

"Oh, i kind of thought you didn't notice that...and no, he wasn't. He had enough money to do anything he wanted to do, he could go anywhere  that he wanted to go and, and for a kid with nothing, i don't know, i...it just seemed like the better option...you can't tell anyone about this, okay?" Eugene explained. (Y/n) nodded in response "as long as you don't mention what happened in the cave to anyone...not even to me and especially not my sister and mother" (y/n) asked and even though Eugene knew he wanted to know about it, he agreed.

The two sat and looked at each other for a moment then Eugene stood up from his seat "well, ahem, i should get some more fire wood" he started walking but was stopped "hey, for the record. I like Eugene Fitzherbert better than Flynn Rider" (y/n) told Eugene, which made him smile "You're the first, thank you" he replied before walking off into the darkness in search of more firewood.

(Y/n) sat by the fire for a few minutes alone then felt his heart sink as he heard his mothers voice from behind him "well, i thought he'd never leave" he turned toward her and asked how long she'd been standing there "oh i got here just a few minutes ago, right before the whole 'i like Eugene better than flynn' bit." Gothel answered as she walked to him and hugged him "look at you, not even a day our and you've already dyed your hair" she grabbed onto his wrist "we're going home, where is your sister" she said as she started to pull on his wrist

"you don't understand, i don't want to go back  I've been outside the tower for just a short while and it's great, people are nice, I've learned so much, i don't need to go back, you only need Rapunzel, she's always been your favorite anyway and...i even met someone" (y/n) spoke as he stopped walking and pulled his arm back

"Yes, the wanted thief, I'm so proud. Your sister isn't my favorite, i love you two equally and you both are coming home, now tell me where she is" Gothel spoke as she grabbed his wrist again. "Mother wait, I don't know where Rapunzel is and this guy...i think, i think he likes me" he said as Gothel turned to look at him

"Likes you? Please (y/n). Thats demented-" Gothel walked past him as she started her song

"This is why you never should have left. Dear this whole romance that you've invited, just proves you're too naive to be here. Why would he like you? Come on now really. Look at you, you think that he's impressed? Don't be a dummy, come with mummy, mother-"

(Y/n) cut her off "no!" "No?" Gothel asked

"Oh, i see how it is. (Y/n) knows best. (Y/n) is so mature now, such a clever grown-up mister. (Y/n)s so mature, hes even lost his own sister. Fine, if you're so sure now. Go ahead then and give him this"

Gothel pulled the satchel put from her hooded cape. "How did you-" (y/n) started as gothel got the crowns and held them for (y/n) to see

"This is why he's here. Dont let him deceive you, give it to him, watch and see!"

She threw the crown and the boy caught it "i will!"

"Trust me my son, thats how fast he'll leave you,i wont say i told you so. No, (y/n) knows best so if he's such a dreamboat, go and put him to the test."

Gothel started walking into the direction of a misty forrest "mother, wait-" (y/n) yelled after her

"If hes lying, don't come crying. Mother, knows best!"

Gothel disappeared in the mist, leaving the boy standing there, the satchel in his one hand and both crowns in the other, staring at the spot she was last before disappearing.

"Im back! And i hot a lot of wood...hey, you alright?" Eugene asked as he stopped by the fire and saw (y/n) staring off into the woods. "Uhm, yes...just lost in thought i guess" (y/n) said as he turned around and sat down across from Eugene.

(Y/n) watched as Eugene put some more wood into the fire, he then moves his head slightly to look at the tree he had hidden the satchel in, thinking about what would happen if he did give Eugene the satchel. Would he actually leave? Did he like (y/n) or was he just trying to get the satchel back. Thoughts clouded his mind as he turned his head back to watch Eugene again.