chapter seven

POV: yours

I walked down the steps to the secret exit for the tower. Once i was out i took a moment to step on the grass, I've never felt it before, why does mother always wear shoes? This feels amazing. I walked over to where Flynn was climbing down. He finally got to the ground and yelled "you coming Lavender?" To which i replied "i am", although i don't really approve of the nickname, my eyes are purple, which is slightly darker than lavender, maybe he just cant see the difference.

I turned and looked at the tunnel mother always uses to leave "if you start singing-" Flynn said but i cut him off.

"Look at the world so close and im even closer to it, look at it all, so big, do i even dare? I need to go, find her fast, just have to do it...should mother know? Should i tell her?"

I walked over to some bushes, getting the thought of telling mother out of my head and lightly touched a few leaves, they felt weird to the plastic ones mother gave us once in the tower

"Just smell the grass, the dirt, just like we dreamed they'd be, imagine what I'd see, the sun, the flowers, the way they're calling out to me"

I saw a few birds flying away and chased after them stepped into a puddle. I bent down, then used my hands to throw some water into the air.

"For the first time ever, i feel completely free. I could go..running and racing and dancing and chasing and leaping and bounding, just smiling, heart pounding and splashing and reeling and finally feeling thats when my life begins!

I ran through the tunnel into a forrest area. It was beautiful, filled with trees and plants and flowers and birds and squirrels and so much more.

"I cant believe i did this...i can't believe i did this...mother will be furious...even more if she finds out Rapunzel also left and i kept quiet..."

I sat down on a fallen tree "but if she doesn't find out, it'll be alright...right? What if she does find out? We're terrible children" i stood up and walked over to Flynn "maybe i should go back...but then i wont find Rapunzel, but she said she'd be back tomorrow night, but then i wont see the lanterns...im not going back, lets go" i grabbed his hand and pulled him into one direction then stopped and pulled him into another and stopped again

"I...don't actually know where im going" i confessed, he probably already knew that though.

"Are you hungry? I know a great place for lunch" he said suddenly

POV: Flynn Riders

I watched him as he enjoyed the outside, this might have been his first time outside of that tower, who does that to their kids?

He started to argue with himself, he wanted to continue with his little adventure, then go back to the tower then he didn't want to go back and so on. When ever he told himself that he didn't want to go back, he'd look at a few things in the forest, amazed at things that many other people would take for granted.

Each time he'd stare at something, he'd give this little smile, as if he's never been outside of that tower before, it was cute but i still needed him to want to go back to his tower.

I was still thinking when he suddenly gabbed my hand and started pulling me into directions then he told me that he didn't know where he was going. Maybe if i scare him, he'll beg me to take him back home and ill get my satchel. I know just the place to go that will scare him just enough.

"Are you hungry? I know a great place for lunch" i told him, hoping he would take the bait "sort of. Where? Are there any ruffians or thugs? I dont want to go to a place with ruffians or thugs, mother told us aboutthose kind of people..." he explained "dont you worry. You'll know it when you smell it" i then grabbed his hand and pulled him with me to the exact type of place he didn't want to go to.

We walked for a while and i reassured him that i knew the place was around here somewhere. I walked around a big tree and saw the place "ah, there it is. The Snuggly Duckling" i said, holding a hand out to the very lopsided house like building "Don't worry, very quaint place, perfect for you. Don't want you scaring and giving up on this endeavor, now do we?" I asked watching him hold the pan up to his chest as he looked over the place.

"Well...i guess it looks safe, and i do like ducklings." He said giving a small smile "yay!" I cheered as u took his hand and pulled him to the entrance.

Once by the door, i slammed it open and yelled "Garcon, your finest table, please." Everyone stopped what they were doing to look at us and (y/n) gasped as he saw exactly what he didn't want to, ruffians and thugs.

"You smell that? Take a deep breath through the nose, really let that seep in-" i spoke as i pushed him forward by the shoulders. He held his pan out in defense as we pushed through the crowd "-what are you getting? Because to me, its part man smell, and the other part is really bad man smell, i don't know why but overall it smells like the color brown, any thoughts?" I smiled, seeing the fear in his eyes, just what i wanted.

"Hey, you don't look so good Lavender, mayne we should go home, call it a day. Probably better off, this is a five star joint after all and if you can't handle this place, well maybe you should be back in your tower" i started walking to the door with him when it was slammed shut by one of the men. In his hand, he held my wanted poster, his finger covered my nose though.

"Is this you?" He asked and i moved his finger to reveal my nose to be enormous and not even close to my real one "oh, now they're just being mean" i said looking at it "that is you." I heard lavender say. Some of the men then blocked the door after one ran out to get guards.

"That reward is going to buy me a new hook" one said as he caressed my face with his hook