chapter nine

Your pov

We looked down and wanted to climb down the rope ladder but two men came out of a tunnel down below "who's that?" I asked and flynn said that they dont like him. The guards them came out of the tunnel we ran out of "and the guards?" I asked and he explained that they don't like him either. He looked at them as they closed in and i searched for a way out.

We were surrounded by wood structures because of an old dam. I handed the pan to him and grabbed the rope ladder and hit it against the cliff, breaking the wooden steps but leaving me with two ropes. I tied one end to the other rope and made a small loop that would tighten with a pull. I then threw it over a broken wooden bridge and pulled so the loop would tighten.

I then jumped and swung over to another cliff, away from them all. I looked over to them and saw that he was fighting them with the pan. He beat them all then i got confused when he started fighting a horse but the horse flung the pan ober the cliff.

"Flynn! Grab the rope!" I yelled and threw the rope back to him. He grabbed it without looking away from the horse and jumped, swinging over the canyon and landing on the same cliff as i was.

The horse kicked a beam until it broke off of the dam and fell and gave them a direct bridge over to us. "Hold on Lavender!" Flynn yeld as he grabbed me around the waist and we jumped, swinging down to the growing with the rope. It snapped and we rolled as we fell. We then quickly got up and ran as the two other people ran after us.

That one beam might have supported the entire dam because it completely broke and water started flooding the canyon and was now threatening our lives.

We saw an open cave and ran right toward it as the water neared us and a large rock structure fell over. We got into the cave just in time as the rock blocked the water from drowning us immediately, but it was still pooling in at an alarming rate. Theres no way out.

Flynn continually tried going under water to see if there was a way out but it was too dark. He came up and tried to find a way out up here but when he didn't find one he continued to look under water. He came up for air and said "its no use, i cant see anything " i then tried going down but he grabbed me "it's too dark"

We gave up as the water level became higher "this is all my fault...she was right, i never should have done this...im so sorry flynn" i apologized "Eugene." He said sighing "what?" I asked "my real name is Eugene Fitzherbert, someone might as well know." He said

"My sister has magical glowing hair when she sings, it's kind of unfair because i didn't get anything but purple eyes" he looked at me as if i was crazy "what?" He asked "i know, it's this weird song 'flower gleam and glow-' " my head stung for a second and the words to the song in my dreams became clear and i zoned out

"Wither and decay
End this destiny
Break these earthly chains
And set the spirit free-"

I zoned back in when i was pulled from a river "what the heck was that? How did you do that?" He asked "do what?" I didn't remember anything after starting the song, i dont even remember why i sang it.

"Your eyes glowed purple then turnes completely black and your hair started tuning purple and it still is a bit then the rocks exploded!" I shook my head "no, thats not possible, Rapunzel got powers, i didn't get anything, thats why she was so special to Mother" i explained

"But it did happen, it was crazy, I've never seen anything like that before in my entire-" i cut him off rudely "can we not talk about it?" He looked at pascal then back at me and nodded. I looked at my reflection to see my eyes are a duller purple, almost looking like the color faded over time or as if i put purple contacts over (e/c) eyes and the tips of my natural (h/c) hair turned a light purple.

Do i have magic? Why dont i remember doing any of that and why was that song only a blur in my dreams until i needed it back there? I don't even remember the song at all either

No ones pov
With Gothel

Gothel hid behind a large rock, holding onto her knife as she heard coughing coming from a hatch with a small yellow duck on it. She waited and saw that two men crawled out of it.

Gothel had found the restaurant earlier and saw (y/n) inside, standing on a table, singing along with other people. She was both afraid and furious at (y/n) and Rapunzel for leaving the tower, more afraid that they might discover who they really are.

"Ill kill him. Ill kill Ryder" Sideburns spoke as he spit some water to the side and his brother tried catching his breath "we'll cut him off at the kingdom and get the crowns back, come on" Eyepatch said and they started walking but Gothel stopped them "Or~" she started, causing the two to stop and look at her "perhaps you want to stop acting like wild dogs, chasing their tails and think for a moment" Gothel said holding the satchel up with both crowns still inside.

The brothers pointed their swords at her and she laughed "oh please, there's no need for that" she said as she threw the satchel to them. They fought over it until they saw that both crowns were definitely still in the satchel "well, if thats all you desire, then be on your way, i was going to offer you something worth one thousand crowns, would've made you rich beyond belief  and that wasn't even the best part. Oh well. C'est la vie. Enjoy your crowns" Gothel spoke as she turned to leave

"What's the best part?" Sideburns asked curiously "it comes with revenge on Flynn Rider~"