Chapter 5

Zachary
"Dad," I knock on his office door before entering.
"Yes Zach," he puts his work aside to hear me out. My father is a great person. He prioritize his work and family time. He never compromise, but one thing everyone should know about him is that he is principled. He is a man of his words. I wouldn't question on his character as handling such a big empire requires a leader with morals and responsibilities.

"I received the news about the competition, you are one of the sponsors?" I asked taking a seat.

"Yes, I am," he replies back. "Are you going to take part in the competition?" he continues to ask.

"No, it's nothing that interests me," I said flatly lying on his face. I wanted to take part in music, but there was no way under the watch of my dad I could. Being a rich dad's kid, scholarship was something I didn't have to worry about as everything was already planned out. I was going to fly to Boston for my business degree. After finishing 3 years of course, I have to return back to Hazel Town and start working in the company. Boom, that's the story of my life.

"Okay." he nods and picks his phone call. I dismissed myself and go outside to relax in the gazebo. I am grateful for every privilege that has been blessed upon me, but sometimes, I still feel alone. Sometimes, it gets too much to keep these secrets and thoughts inside you. I sigh before getting up, and going back to my room.

I grab my car keys before I drive to Arts & Sharp. "Hey kid," the owner greets me. "Hello Mr. Jones," I say before he hands me Reyhan's painting.

"There you go", he says and I hand him the cash.

"It's been over a year; you come here and buy the drawings of this particular artist. Why?" he asks me out of sudden.

I smile at him before saying, "This is the only thing that makes me feel close to her."

I drive to the warehouse. I open up the room where I have been keeping all of her drawings. Her first drawing is of a girl on a swing, the lake drawing and every single one of hers, I have them all.

I know she is saving up the money for her college. Her smile captures my thoughts. This competition will do her good. I know she will win. Her art is amazing. Every drawing displayed in this room has deep meanings and I would love to know them all. She has no idea that I am the buyer and not the tourists. I smile to myself that not directly, but indirectly, I can help her in the tough situations.

I drive back home and fall asleep. It was a long day. I wake up at 4:30 am in the morning and workout. I am an early morning person. I love to workout in silence when I know everyone is still sleeping.

"Hello brother," Hunters greets me giving a side hug.

"Hey cousin," I respond back. I soon enter my class and hear people chattering about the competition. I roll my eyes and continue to make my way at the last bench.

I was scrolling through my phone when my gaze travelled to the door. I stop scrolling and watch her movements. She is talking to a girl while clutching the books in her hand. The green shirt is perfectly tucked in her jeans and left her hair open. She takes the same seat near the window.

The class rolls in and soon the bell rings. I watch her pack her stuff looking around the class before setting her gaze at me. She smiles and waves to me. I smile and nod my head trying to avert my gaze.

"Ugh, Zach, stop being such a stupid person," I mutter to myself before gathering my things and leaving the class.

I sit at my spot alone for lunch as Hunter seems to be chasing this girl Nash. She just moved to Hazel Town to live with her grandmother. Hunter has never been the player kind and has never been in love before. So, I can understand what he has for this girl. I smile to myself thinking about how things would be if I could muster up the courage and talk to her.