Chapter 17

Reyhan
We turned the heater of the car as soon as we started the ride. We all were drenched in the rain.

"Well, that ended pretty bad," Ash says reversing out of the driveway. "I am glad we came early, we enjoyed more," he continues.

Nat and I bought agree. "Well, our dear Ray was having a lot of fun out there," Nat begins.

I stick my tongue out at her while rolling my eyes. "I couldn't agree more." Ash starts to fuel the conversation.

"Come on you guys, he came to me and we just roamed around and spent time together. Be thankful that you have such an amazing friend who gave you privacy." I say trying to change the topic.

"Tsk... tsk..., changing the topic, aren't we?" Ash says while me from the top mirror.

I sigh and give in. "Okay, what are you guys up to?"

"Nothing Ray, if you are happy, we are happy for you," Ash says.

I was shocked at his reply. He thinks I am dating Zach. "Whoa, what do you guys mean by being happy? If you guys think I am dating Zach, the please come out of your bubble zone. There is honestly nothing going on between us," I say out a loud.

It felt bitter saying those things out but truth is anyways bitter, so I swallow down the sadness.

Ash and Nat exchange sly gazes before becoming silent. The rain turned into drizzle after few minutes making it clear for us to drive back home.

"Do you guys want to have something?" Ash asks Nat and I.

Nat and I glance at each other before nodding our heads like crazy people. We are always up for food. Any day and any hour are fine if it concerns food.

We stop at a diner in the middle of highway and Ash went in to buy food for us.

"Ray, why don't you talk with Zach? I know you have feelings for him Ray. I noticed how you handled him when he got shy around us." She says concern laced in her voice.

"That's the problem Nat. I am scared if I say something and it disturbs him, I will lose him as a friend as well. He is way too shy to admit anything and I don't even know whether he has feelings for me or not," I sigh and look out of the window.

"I think he likes you Ray because after Hunter, I have seen him talking with you only." she says before helping Ash who just enters the car with our food.

I decide to think about all this when I reach home and enjoy the subways and strawberry shake with my friends.

"This food is yum," I say after chewing.

"Mhmm..." Nat agrees too. Ash laughs at her before wiping away the sauce from the corner of her mouth.

So sweet. I smile at them while Nat blushes.

We continued the drive after having our bellies full. I be thankful for the day before taking a nap.

"Ray, wake up," Nat ushers me from my sleep. "We are here," she says.

I look around to see we were parked outside my house. "What time is it?" I asked them.

"10.30pm," Ash replies. I nod absently while gathering my things.

"Thank you, guys. Enjoy your vacation. We will meet soon," I say smiling at them.

Nat comes out of the car and gives me hug saying we will video call each other often. "I can't wait to see the shop," she says excitedly before getting in the car.

"We will Ray. Let me know if you need any help," Ash says before driving away.

I walk myself to the house and put away my dirty bag in the laundry. "Ray, is that you?" my mum asks.