Chapter 6

Reyhan
On Wednesday, I had finished my painting and decided to go and give to Arts & Sharp in which I succeeded. I came home and decided to finalize my category choice with my mother as only one day was left. Thursday went by so fast with me coming home and finishing all my assignments.

We were all in the assembly on Friday morning where I saw that 5 boxes were kept on the stage. People started keeping their names in their assigned category and my chance came. I happily dropped my cheat in the art category watching my friends from the corner of the eye. I saw Nat placing her cheat in fashion and Ash in sports.

Nat being sneaky took my happiness for her advantage and insisted me to go with her to Tipsy Dipsy club at night. I eventually agreed because I wanted to go as well. Not for clubbing purpose, but to hear the guy singing and again trying my luck if I could find him. I was excited and looking forward for tonight.

We all dispersed ourselves to our respective class. I meet my friends in the parking lot at home time as Ash was giving us a ride home. "Be ready at 8 Ray, I'll come to pick you up," he says while dropping me at my place.

I nod my hand before waving them.

Inanna was in the living room with her head inside her book and a jar of Nutella besides her. "Hey sis," I slyly try to scare her in which of course I won. She threw the spoon which was in her mouth to me jumping off the sofa. The Nutella mixed with her saliva dripped through my white Say Hello t-shirt.

"Eww, Inanna," I groan out.

She, who was scared few seconds ago, picks herself up from the ground and sits comfortably on the sofa again while having a smirk. "That's what you get for scaring me sister." she says while resuming back to reading. I thump my foot and go to the room to change into new clothes.

After changing into crop top and my pyjama, I go downstairs and straight into the kitchen. "Ray, are you making something?" Isaac asks.

"What do you want to have?" I ask him back.

"Please make chicken mayo sandwich with cheese." he says giving me his puppy eyes.

"Cool, ask Inanna if she wants it as well."

He shouts from the kitchen making cringe. "Go out and ask you idiot, bless my poor ears," I say while rubbing them. He laughs at and tell me that Inanna is in as well for the sandwich.

I turn on the music and start preparing the batter. After an hour I am ready with sandwiches and call their names out.

"Let's eat on the terrace. It's close to getting sunset. The view will be amazing," Inanna says out loud.

"Sure." I reply to her.

Inanna grabs the plates, Isaac grabs the juice and glasses and I take the sandwiches up to the terrace. We sit on the mat with the colourful throw pillows around us before Isaac places the centre table for us to keep the stuff. We enjoy the sandwiches while conversing about random things and watching the sun set. The view was indeed mesmerising. We all watched how the shades of blue turned to orange, faded into yellow hues and then subtly invited purple and pink to join their absent. It was breath taking.

Inanna and Isaac clear everything up as I had to get dressed to go to Tipsy Dipsy. My mom was not yet home as she had an emergency shift being called. I informed her before making my way to Ash' s car.

"You look good Ray." Nat and Ash both compliment me together. I had worn a red dress which reached just above the knees with boots. I had a jacket as well which complemented the dress.

"Thank you," I reply shyly.

The entire ride I could only think about one think and that was the mysterious guy and the song. I didn't even hear Ash calling my name to say that we have reached until he nudged me on the arm. "Ray, we have reached. Are you okay?" he asks eyeing me cautiously.

"Yes, yes I am okay, let's go." I say while getting myself out of the car. Ray, play it cool. I keep chanting in my head.

The club was busy as always. People were enjoying their time here either with their drinks or dance. The music was loud and teens were mostly crowding the dance floor. Ash excuses himself to buy us drinks while Nat and I find a booth for us to sit.

I tripped onto someone while walking towards the booth as it was too dark to see. The RGB lights were not helping either. I muttered a sorry to the person and hurriedly made my way towards the booth before I trip onto someone else.

Ash hands me my Sprite and a cocktail to Nat. He takes a seat besides Nat when the guys fill in our booth with their presence. It was Aiden, Jason, Matt and Jonathan. They were all in the football team which makes them tag along with us. We all greet each other before they all go to the dance floor leaving Matt and I alone.

"Are you waiting for someone?" Matt shouts over the music for me to hear.

I stop glancing everywhere before turning to him. "No." I reply sheepishly. I know Matt likes me. Ash has told me before, but Matt is not stable with one girl. He keeps on changing his likes time to time resulting a protective Ash setting a boundary around him.

"You look beautiful Ray," he tells me. I say thank you with a smile. It had been an hour since we are here but the song never changed to what I waiting to hear for. I kept on checking my phone and the area that when will that guy start his song. After waiting for long enough and finally believing that the guy is not going to sink, I let the disappointment take the best of me.

I thought about going to ask the manager about him, but I knew that he wouldn't mention anything to me yet I took my chances and asked him. He replied me saying that he won't be around as someone from his family has passed away.

"Oh." Is all I could reply back before thanking him and making my way towards the group. I was upset and very disappointed. I thought I had a chance, but it all went in vain. At 11.00pm we leave the club and decided to call it a day.
I was laying on bed with my disappointed face. Why did it matter to me so much? Why am I getting annoyed at the situation when I don't even know who the person is? What is happening to me? All these thoughts kept me up for a while before sleep took over.

I decided to go to Hot N Cold to help Sally again. Even though I knew that Dean was okay now, I just went to time pass as I had nothing else to do.

Inanna decided to join me as well and we both walked to Hot N Cold Diner. Sally was beyond happy to see us and made us take care of the kitchen while she was relaxing by the counter with Dean.

Inanna and I made a bunch of goodies. We baked salted caramel cookies, coconut cream cookies, macaroons, made the mixture ready for hot chocolate. It's Sally's secret recipe which she has shared with Inanna and I only. We are very grateful for that because now no hot chocolate tastes as better as this.

Customers start to come in at around 8.00 am. Inanna and I both sit at the counter and take the order. Inanna was back faced when Shawn entered the diner. He smiled at me saying a hi while retrieving his sight back to my sister. He told me to stay quiet while watching her work on packing the cookies for the customer.

She was humming while placing the assorted cookies in the quilted take away box. The sight was quiet amusing to watch. Shawn was looking at her in admiration while I was just smirking at her.

"Can you stop staring Ray, it's getting weird now," she says while glancing at me from the corner of her eye. I held my hands in surrender before positioning myself to look forward.

She had no idea that Shawn for standing there for the last four minutes. She finished the order with her tune and turned around. "There you go, enjoy your..." she stopped in the mid when she noticed Shawn was there.

"Urm, hey Shawn, didn't see you there." she said while tucking her hair behind and giving me a glare. I excuse myself from there and go out to take a walk.

The weather is very cool today, so I decide to go and sit in the park for a while. While I am walking to get a bench to sit which I couldn't as all the benches were occupied, I saw a guy sitting on the bench engrossed in his book. I scrutinized my eyes to see that the guy was none other than Zach Adams.