Chapter 20

Reyhan
Nat gives me a bear hug the first I enter school. "Oh, I have missed you so much," she says hugging me.

I laugh at her before tightening our hug, "I have missed you as well Nat."

"How were your vacation?" I ask her removing myself from the hug and we start walking to our locker.

"Amazing Ray. How about yours?" she asks back.

"Same Nat. Had so much fun decorating mum's shop," I say to her.

"Oh yes! After school we are going to her shop," she says excitedly. I agree before going to my first lecture.

Since it was the first day school's reopening, we weren't taught anything in any of the lectures. Just briefing about the syllabus and all.

Nat and I go to mum's shop after school. "Aunty V, this all looks so surreal," Nat says giving my mum a big hug.

My laughs at her and hugs her back. "Thank you dear."

"How were your vacations?' she asks her.

"They were good, Aunty V," she says taking a seat on the couch.

"What will you girls have?" my mum asks both of us.

"Hot chocolate," I say and Nat orders a mint lemonade.

My mum calls Sally for our orders before taking a seat on the sofa besides me.

"So how was today?" she starts the conversation.

"Nothing was taught. I am just waiting what have they planned for this semester," Nat replies.

After hot chocolate and lemonade, Nat decides to leave as she gets a call from her mum regarding some work.

"Aunty V give me your best scent of so far," Nat requests.

My mum gives her a fancy bottle of lavender musk. She goes to pay my mum but mum bits and says it's a gift.

She happily hugs her and I before leaving the store.

"How is today so far mum?" I ask her.

"Fairly enough Ray. I've had few customers coming in," she says smiling at me.

We close the shop at 5.00 pm and go home. I decide to take a nap as there was no homework or study to do.

"Ray, wake up it's dinner time," Inanna whispers to wake me up.

I groggily open my eyes to see that it's 7.45 pm. "Oh no!" I say out loud.

"What happened?" Inanna asks who is seated on my bed.

"I won't be able to fall asleep now," I groan out.

Inanna laughs at me before grabbing my hand and dragging me out of the bed.

I decide to paint after dinner as there was no way I could fall asleep again. "Ray, let's go to the terrace," Inanna knocks on my door.

I look at my half-done drawing before muttering a yes to her. She already has 2 mugs in her hand before we both climb to the terrace.

"What's up?" I ask her as I know something is bothering her that's why she has asked me to come up here with her.

"Do you know Blake Jones?" she asks me.

"That famous junior playboy of our school?" I ask her back.

"Yes him." She says sighing.

Okay. So, it's something to do with Blake Jones. He is a junior at my school and have dated every girl in this town. He has this bad boy vibes radiating off him.