Part 5- Home

I got up and started to head west. It was still dark out as I walked the path I took to get to the meteor, or should I say the path I walked on to meet Frost. When I reached the river I noticed it was not a fast current like before... but I still took the safe route and looked for an easy way to cross like before. A little ways down the river there was a dead tree that was angled across the river, but the water was only a few inches deep here, so I decided to cross here. I passed a lot of deer running around, a couple rabbits and some squirrels, they went running up trees as soon as they saw me. I looked down at the little puppy in my arms, Frost is still asleep, her fur is gray right now but when I look at her fur that was under my hand, I can tell her fur is normally white. When I got to the edge of the forest it is just open planes till I reached my town, I can see it in the distance. After a while I could tell there was light coming over the horizon, I've been out way too long. I stumbled as I got onto the road that led to Zenith, Frost moved a little bit, so I stopped moving trying to regain my balance. Once I got my balance back I started to walk again.

When I reached my house, the sun was higher off the horizon. I opened my front door, took off my shoes with my toes and walked up the steps. I don't care if the stairs creak this time it's already morning so I went to my room. I put Frost on my bed, she only moved a little from the transition of a warm body to a cold blanket. I layed a blanket over her and walked over to my closet, grabbed a change of clothes. I left my room and went to the bathroom and took a warm shower, after I realized I still need to wash Frost, I turned off the shower and start to make a bath. I got out and put on the change of clothes I grabbed. As I started to leave the bathroom I checked the water to make sure it was warm, and not too hot. I checked on Frost, she is still asleep on my bed, as I went down the stairs to wash the clothes that are covered in dirt. I went back upstairs into the bathroom, the tub was half way full, I turned off the faucet and walked over to my room. Frost was already starting to wake up from her slumber. I stepped forward and she jumped up in shock.

I stopped moving "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's ok, I just thought you were the other person living in this house." After a few seconds of silence. "Your father wouldn't like to have a dog in his house would he." she sat down, looking at her paws.

"How did you know I lived with my father only? No, Nathen's not a fan of dogs, but I'm sure he would allow you to stay for as long as you needed to." I just knew I was smiling. I walked over to her and picked her up."You know you really are cute." I stretched my arms out holding her straight in front of me. She didn't say anything just looked in the direction of the bathroom. "Do you want to walk? Or do you want me to carry you to the bath?" I hope she knows I'm trying to make her comfortable in my home for the time we are still here.

"I'll walk, thank you for the offer though." With that I set her down on the floor. Even though she didn't answer my question about my father.

She stared at me, as though waiting for me to start walking, so I started to walk to the bathroom. When I looked on the floor next to me she was there walking with me, like a proper, well mannered dog that has been fully trained for 3 years. When we reached the bathroom, she sat down next to the tub, I think it was too tall for her to jump into it. I picked her up, put her in the water and started to rinse the dust that was stuck to her fur. I used some of my shampoo and conditioner to get her nice and clean, but a thought came to mind... she is just going to get dirty again, oh well I want to leave before my dad gets up, but just in case he wakes up before we can get out I want her to look good. She has been quiet the entire time I gave her the bath.

I heard a noise from my dad's room, he is awake now and he will be coming towards the bathroom soon. I finished washing Frost a couple minutes before I heard him move around in his room, so I was already in my room. I put Frost on my bed, then walked over to my door and closed it, so my dad wont see that I brought a puppy into the house. I turned around and looked at Frost, she looked stunned, I walked towards her and noticed she is shaking alot. I put a towel over her and started to rub her body to get her warm again.

"Have you never had a bath before?" I was amused, she seemed shocked that she was cold.

"No, the water was warm... but the air is really cold now" she started to shake even more now.

I went over to the door and opened it a little to peek out, I was checking to see if my dad had left his room or not, he's still there. I looked back at frost, "I'll be right back." I walked out of the room. I closed the door behind me so my dad wont go in. I walked down the stairs towards the dryer, when I got there I opened the dryer and took out my warm clothes, and took them up stairs. When I got back to my room, I opened the door and laid my clothes on my bed. Frost jumped, scared maybe?

"It's ok. It's just my clothes from the trip, I washed and dried them." I folded all my clothes except for my coat.

I put my clothes away and grabbed my coat and laid it on top of Frost, she jumped as soon as it touched her, I laughed a little bit. I put on my coat and picked her up, and walked out my door. I went down the stairs and put on my shoes and walked outside to the little shed, I put Frost down.

"Stay here for a while ok?" I don't think she will stay for long though.

"I'll be back as soon as I can."

"Promise?" she asked, as she circled and laid down.

"Yes, I promise, my dad is awake now so I'm going to go make him breakfast then come out here to get the mail, and go back inside with you and the mail." I explained my plan to get her into the house where I no longer needed to sneak her around "Is that ok?"

"Ok, I'll stay here, and wait." she said and closed her eyes and started to drift asleep. More sleep? Didn't she get enough sleep on the way here? Oh well.