Chapter One

Seven Moons Later...

Glowpaw had always known something was wrong with her. She'd known right from the moment Rosefur had taken her as a newborn kit from StoneClan camp. StoneClan. Where her kin lay. Where her mother and siblings lay. Fighting and surviving. Like all the other Clans. Glowpaw's fur had shone white-blue-silver when she was kitted. And she thought that was a bit weird, but Rosefur acted like it had never happened at all. Rosefur and Bearpelt were her adopted mother and father, Rosefur had taken her into the Clan because of her glowing pelt. And because of the glowing pelt, she was the key to the prophecy. Along with some other bits and pieces that didn't really make sense. But the part where the Clans would fight under StarClan's watchful eye didn't fit together. Maybe the reason they were fighting was because of the omen that was talked about that lay in the depths of SnowClan. SnowClan. Why would anybody want to live somewhere cold when you could live in somewhere warm, safe, and high out of danger from dogs? Like TreeClan. Hint hint. Huskies could go into the mountains with Twolegs and then you could get eaten. Or bitten. Either one, Glowpaw didn't like the sound of it. At. All. And all that SNOW! Who could live somewhere so cold without freezing to death?!

'Glowpaw! It's training time! Get up!'

The sound of Glowpaw's friend Treepaw came from outside the apprentice den where Glowpaw had been sitting in her nest thinking.

She started, blinking her eyes in confusion. Then she remembered her training with Flameair.

'Oh right. Coming!'

She meowed, trotting out of the den, her pads squishing against the soft moss that lined the thick, strong branches that held up the camp.

TreeClan was a Clan that lived in a big tree in the middle of the forest. The camp was set up to be open to the sky but cats could always gather materials from a pile and build a semi circle over their den if it rained or snowed. Today, the tree was covered in a thick covering of frost that made her slip and slide over the branches. But all TreeClan cats were known for three things:

1. Climbing better and higher than any other cat in the world.

2. For their great balance and focus for thin branches and fallen logs.

3. For their camouflage in the forest.

TreeClan had the biggest forest territory in all the Clans. And SnowClan, WindClan and RiverClan territories were separated by the main Thunderpath. TreeClan got to the Gathering by going through the forest and under a small tunnel in the Thunderpath into the outskirts of RiverClan territory. The RiverClan cats let them go through that part of their territory so that they could all go together as if they were all one Clan.

Glowpaw met Flameair at the Junglebranch in the middle of camp. The Junglebranch was a sacred branch that stuck up our of the top of the tree that had a wide open space for their camp. It had gnarled twigs and roots that came out of the sides where Willowstar, the leader, would stand. There was a lower slightly smaller root beneath it where Leafstripe sat. Flameair greeted Glowpaw with a flick of his tail.

'Shall we begin our training?'

He mewed.

Glowpaw nodded.

They jumped down from the bottom twig and raced across the forest floor until they go to the edge of the river.

'Okay. We'll start with battle training. Attack me. Show me your battle technique.'

'Ummm... are you sure? Won't it hurt? What if I actually hurt you?'

Glowpaw meowed worriedly.

'Don't worry. I'm strong I'll be fine'

Glowpaw nodded, still unsure.

She lunged at Flameair, twisting in the air to land on his back. But before she landed, her mentor side stepped out of the way, letting her crash onto the snowy ground.

'Good technique. But too slow. Try again. And this time do something I won't expect.'

Glowpaw nodded, struggling to her feet. Her sides ached and her muscles protested as she dropped to the ground into a hunter's crouch. They circled each other for a while, and then Glowpaw did the same move as before, but this time, she dove for his underbelly in midair. Flameair tried to dodge, but she had her head locked on and she tumbled to the ground underneath him. Landing hard in her side as she pawed, claws sheathed, at his exposed stomach.

He reared onto his hind legs, letting her escape on purpose before he thudded his large paws into the snow. Glowpaw shivered. She didn't mind being warm, but she couldn't stand being cold. And today was absolutely, positively, freezing.

**********

'Good job today. But that rear move I did, cats from other Clans wouldn't have let you escape so easily. You have to be prepared for all outcomes, not just the ones that TreeClan apprentice's are taught in battle training. Remember that other Clans fight differently. The things I did today was just half of what I can actually do. If you ever encounter a fully grown, respectable, fierce senior warrior from ShadowClan, you've got game. But I'm sure they won't be nearly as brave or handsome as me! Haha! I am the best warrior in the forest!'

Glowpaw giggled. She knew that Flameair was trying to be serious, but she couldn't help laughing at the mischievous look on her mentors face. But then she recalled what he'd said just before. About how that was only half of what he could do. Her first instinct was to think he only meant battle techniques and hunting tricks. There was something about the way he said it though, as if he was trying to hide something important and mysterious about himself. Glowpaw dismissed this thought immediately.

Of course he would tell me if something was up. Or maybe he doesn't trust me enough. Maybe I don't know him as much as I think I do...

Warriors Adventures of TreeClan  Book # 1 of Fire vs FireOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara