Chapter Eight

As the group raced along the thick iced-over river that separated TreeClan from SnowClan, Glowstorm spotted something.
"Guys! Come look at this!"
She pointed with her tail to a place in the ice where it had broken, the space looked big enough to be a paw mark, but none of them were sure.
"Maybe Oakwood came this way! I mean, this is evidence. A clue!"
Treelight exclaimed excitedly.
"Yes, but these holes look like they're too small to be a full grown warrior's prints, and whoever came through here was washed down stream. And the claw marks are pointed towards TreeClan territory, not SnowClan, which is in the opposite direction."
Glowstorm pointed out. Jabbing her tail down stream to where cat had cracked the ice, and to where you could see the cat's claw prints in front of the holes, facing the wrong way. And Treelight nodded, disappointed, but knowing that she was right.
"So you think that an apprentice or a kit ran through here? Towards TreeClan from SnowClan?"
Forestclaw asked doubtfully. And Glowstorm shook her head.
"Maybe a young warrior. But not Oakwood. He's an old warrior who would've retired to be an elder long ago if Willowstar hadn't begged for him to keep fighting. So no. I don't think it was an apprentice or kit, or even someone from SnowClan. I think it was someone, from DarkClan."
Glowstorm meowed, sure of herself.
Treelight's eyes widened.
"That's a serious accusation Glowstorm. Are you sure?"
He asked, his voice quaking with doubt. And Glowstorm nodded again.
"Yes. I mean, think of the pieces of this puzzle! DarkClan left SoulClan camp last night right? But I noticed they didn't make their way up to the rockier half of the mountains to their camp, they went south, which means they've already probably planted an attack on SnowClan. I didn't think much of it at first until I saw these tracks coming back from SnowClan territory. They must've sent a scout, the young warrior, whose tracks we saw. It makes sense doesn't it?"
"I guess, I mean, like you said. The puzzle pieces just fit together. But you don't have proof. We can't just trot around shouting out that DarkClan launched an attack on SnowClan and now they're coming for TreeClan and no one is safe! We would sound completely insane!"
Treelight pointed out.
"Your right. But I think we do have proof. Come on!"
Glowstorm mewed, bounding off leaving Forestclaw and Treelight looking bewildered. They exchanged a glance before sprinting after her through the snow.

When they reached SnowClan camp, it was slight chaos. Well, you could say that. Cats were rushing around, bustling this way and that, mending a hole in the large ice block wall that hid the camp. There was a long 'line' outside of the medicine den, with wounded warriors wincing as they moved their tired and sore muscles.
"Brrr. Why does it have to be so cold? Isn't there a even bit of sun that shines down on this place?"
Murmured Forestclaw unhappily.
"Oh I love it! It's so cold, but really refreshing. I never really liked the cold, but this is different to in TreeClan. Like, the cold is genuine. Like, I belong. And I wish I could live in the beautiful glistening snow all my life if you ask me."
Glowstorm said happily, looking around.
"Oh bla bla bla. Yay you found your happy place where you feel so safe and snug as a bug! But now's really not the time for this mushy stuff!"
Forestclaw growled sarcastically.
"Excuse me for a second."
Glowstorm said to her two companions, looking over at a female warrior who's coat shone brightly in the early sun.
"No! We still need to look for— Oakwood..."
Treelight trailed off as his friend set off at a brisk walk towards the strange cat that had caught her attention.
"Excuse me! What's your name? I'm Glowstorm. From TreeClan we've come to investigate our missing— friend...."
She stopped as the other cat turned around, her piercing green eyes seeming to make a hole in her own.
"Glowstorm? I'm sorry I don't think I heard you properly, but did you by any chance say Glow at the beginning of your name? As in Glowstorm."
Mewed the warrior, and Glowstorm looked quizzically at her.
"Yes. Glowstorm. G. L. O. W. Did you ever go to school?"
She meowed back, and the other cat let out a mrrow of laughter.
"It is you! Oh Glowkit! I'm Heatherfur! I'm your mother!"