Chapter Sixteen

A/N
Hey guys! These following chapters will be really short because I only have four left to write before chapter twenty, which will be my closing chapter. My next book will be called Leaves Falling. Enjoy!
MashedPotatoGirl234

"No!"

Glowstorm screamed as Pricklestar lunged forward, and slit Heatherfur's neck. Everything afterward seemed to happen in slow motion. The 25 or so SnowClan cats arrived in the battle, Glowstorm's fur shining with a fierce silvery light as the moon reflected off of it, sending at least 50 DarkClan cats sprawling to the ground, yowling as the blinding flash hit their eyes. Treelight yanked her away from the beams of light that seemed to be vibrating off of her. As soon as she got out of the moonlight her fur began to fade back to its normal greyish white, then finally settling for a faintly glowing silver.

"What was that?!"

Treelight suddenly cried, with such ferocity that Glowstorm shied away from him.

"I don't know!"

She sobbed, looking at her mother's body, lifeless and still across the battlefield. She couldn't bear to think of how many cats had to die in this battle because of her. Treelight softened.

"It's okay."

He mewed, licking her ear and twining his tail with hers. She rested her head on his shoulder and he rested his on top of hers and in that moment they were just there, in the moment, together. But soon the battle came to them and they knew they had to fight with everyone else, even two cats could make all the difference.

Soon the battle was won and the medicine cats and their apprentices rushed over to treat the wounded, but no one came over to Heatherfur, and no one lifted her corpse to carry to the camp. Glowstorm trotted over and together with her and Treelight lifted the older cat, carrying her between them.

"Glowstorm!"

Oakwood came running over and helped them with Heatherfur.

"I'm so sorry."

He said, glancing at the lifeless grey cat.

"Would you like me to close her eyes?"

Treelight asked, looking at Heatherfur's staring eyes with a shudder. Glowstorm nodded, and they put her down, her mate closing the cat's eyelids gently before hefting her again.

"Going somewhere?"

Growled a raspy voice from behind them. They whirled around to find Gravefur stalking towards them, the knockout serum in one paw, and Pricklestar's corpse being dragged along with the other...