Chapter Fourteen

Glowstorm's plan started to fall apart basically the second they activated it. Her plan was to get someone taken up to the leader for being annoying, and then the rest of them would sneak out. The cat who was being annoying would be eventually thrown back into the oubliette and would escape that night. They would all go back to TreeClan and help out with the fighting that was happening there and then DarkClan would surrender and crawl back to their dull cave and hopefully never annoy any clans again. It was risky, and with a lot of ifs. Snowthorn had volunteered to go up, so the white she-cat started singing and cursing the guards who were guarding the oubliette. When Snowthorn was dragged up and thrown to her stomach in front of Pricklestar, who was fuming like a rhinoceros charging, the leader placed more guards on the hole, making it impossible for the others to escape.
Glowstorm groaned.

Great. Just perfect. I've put an innocent cat in danger for nothing. But wait...

"Guys! I have another idea! What if since the guards are facing the other way we will sneak out and go out the back way, like the leader said! But I don't know where that is... if only we had a DarkClan cat on our side..."

Glowstorm whispered excitedly.

"I'll be on your side."

Said a malevolent voice from the back of the hole, and a scrawny, pitch black cat covered with scars and blood stepped into the dim beam of light.

"I'm Gravefur, and I know the way out."

"I don't like this."

Hissed Forestclaw as Gravefur assessed the situation, and made plans with Oakwood and a SoulClan cat called Steeltail.

"This Gravefur character does seem a little-no, REALLY sketchy. Are you sure we can trust him Glowstorm?"

Another SoulClan she-cat named Autumnwhisp put in.

"My best friend is up there and if anything wrong happens she dies."

She mewed, jerking her head in the direction of Snowthorn.

"I know, I know. This guy is shady, but do you have a better idea?"

Glowstorm asked, sitting down and massaging her temples with her front paws.

The two cats shook their heads and walked off, talking in hushed voices about risks and battles, and how many DarkClan warriors they could take out while the others ran off.

"Okay! We have developed a plan!"

Gravefur's oily voice made Glowstorm jump, and she nearly fell into the stack of hay that there was as a nest.

So hospitable.

She thought wryly.

"Glowstorm and her mate Treelight will go out first, and distract the clan, then as the guards are distracted, we all escape. Under cover of darkness, Glowstorm, Treelight and Snowthorn escape after they inject this drug into the guards."

He held up a small injector device with purple liquid in it.

"It'll make them fall asleep and all they'll remember is slipping into darkness by accident. They will not be terribly punished because they are Pricklestar's top guards, and will need to be put back on duty in no time at all. Any questions?"

He spoke fast and confidently.

Everyone shook they're heads.

"Great! So let's get to work..."