Chapter Ten

Glowstorm sprinted out of camp with Forestclaw and Treelight tailing her.
'Where are we going Glowstorm?'
Called Treelight, struggling with his breathing.
'To DarkClan camp! I think Oakwood is heading there! Their camp is at Sharprock Mountains! Separated from Whitedust Mountains by a frozen river! Whitedust is where SnowClan live, in the colder part of the mountains, and Sharprock is where DarkClan inhabit.'
Glowstorm answered in between gasps for breath.
'We can't keep going like this. Oakwood got a good head start. Me and Treelight were talking while you were meeting that cat, and we think that Oakwood is going to ambush DarkClan. And he's not the only one. He's gathered SoulClan as well. They want revenge, all of them. They're going to die. Unless we save them. But we need to stop. Rest. And catch our breath, otherwise we're going to collapse and fall down the mountain.'
Forestclaw admitted,
'We're no good to anyone dead.'
He said.
Glowstorm nodded. Not wanting to stop, but knowing Forestclaw was right.
'We might freeze, you guys can't stay here more then a day, and it's already nearly Sunhigh. I'm a SnowClan cat, that's why am have a white and silver pelt and not brown like the TreeClan cats.'
The two tomcats gaped at her.
'You're, you're, from SNOWCLAN?! How'd you end up in TreeClan? And whose your mother? And—'
Treelight spluttered, stopping in his tracks abruptly, and being cut off by Glowstorm, who tried to answer his questions.
'I was given to someone in StoneClan by my mother, Heatherfur. Then I was stolen from StoneClan by Bearpelt and Rosefur, who took me to TreeClan because my pelt glowed when I was kitted, which means I, am the key to the prophecy. And I think, the prophecy is about this big fight ahead, but I can't be sure. Look, guys. Whatever happens in this fight, I want you two to know, that I both treasure you as friends. Especially you Treelight, you are, the spark in my life, you warm me up inside. Like a fire, crackling and smouldering. Like the sun, beaming down on me. You are, my love, Treelight. My one, and only love.'
Glowstorm mewed quietly, a little shy. Treelight looked at her in astonishment, but then affection.
'Me too Glowstorm. Me too.'
He said, his eyes sparkling.
'That was beautiful!'
Forestclaw said, his eyes welling with tears.
'But I think we'd better go. Like, now.'
He mewed, shaking the tears away, letting only one slide, it dripped down his face, dampening his cheek fur.
Glowstorm laughed, looking at her new mate with love in her green eyes.
'Now, let's go kick some DarkClan butt.'