Chapter Seventeen

Glowstorm and Treelight looked at each other with puzzled expressions.

"Umm, yes. We were going back to camp, with everyone else."

Glowtorm said cautiously, laying down her mothers body.

"Oh no you're not, I will kill you, like I killed Pricklestar!"

He stalked towards them, dropping Pricklestar, letting the leader thump on the ground. He scoffed at their surprised faces, circling them, scowling.

"You really thought I would help you? You should know by now, that you can never trust a DarkClan cat!"

He leapt towards them, teeth bared, claws unsheathed, ready to kill. He landed hard on Oakwood, digging his curved claws into his back and pulling, as if he was trying to wrench out his spine. The warrior howled, thrashing hard to try and get him off, but Gravefur held on tight, not giving up killing the older cat. Treelight seemed too horrified to move, but Glowtorm caterwauled in fury and lunged at the traitor, landing beside him and standing up on her hind legs for a second to slash at his flank. He hissed and pulled his claws out of Oakwood's back, making a flow of blood spill out of the grown warrior. Oakwood collapsed, and Treelight came over to help him, trying to support him and find something to stop the blood at the same time! If Oakwood lost much more blood, he would die, and that would be too much to bear.

Gravefur shoved Glowstorm to the ground with ease casually pinning her down with his front paws.

"This was your plan wasn't it! To get more cats here to free you, then kill us and Pricklestar so you could escape without any witnesses! Pricklestar was smart not to trust you!"

Glowtorm panted, struggling to get free.

"Well of course. After my first attempted murder, I was surprised Pricklestar didn't kill me. But he was stupid enough to think that starving me would be a more painful punishment. I was the reason that oubliette was made in the first place. I was only down there for a few days when you guys showed up, desperate for any help, to get your friend back."

Glowstorm gasped, her eyes widening in horror as his paw came swiping down making an ugly gash on her nose and then head butting her. Then there was nothing, but darkness...

Glowtorm was running through the forest again. But this time, Heatherfur was next to her, their matching grey fur flashing. Heatherfur was glowing a faint blue, and slightly translucent, as if she were a ghost. Which she basically was. Suddenly Heatherfur stopped, and signalled for her daughter to stop too. Glowtorm obeyed and slowed, finally stopping in front of Heatherfur, her mother staring into her eyes.

"Glowtorm..."

Heatherfur meowed, her voice distant, like a trapped phantom.

"Yes mother?"

Asked Glowtorm. Heatherfur's voice became raspy, and weird, her eyes glassing over to a ghostly white.

"Blood will be shed, trees and snow will meet in battle and darkness will rule the forest."

"What?!"

Cried Glowstorm.

"Be brave. I have to go now, but don't worry, the light will shine through, even in the darkest of times..."

She disappeared, and Glowstorm fell into darkness again.