Fears (part 2)

(Warnings: Some talk of murder, vomiting(it isn't described in detail though),blood, neglect I guess and implied child abuse.)

3rd person pov

Hugo woke up and realised Varian wasn't in the room anymore. He figured Varian had just gotten up early so Hugo decided to go find him in a minute. He got up and changed out of the clothes Varian leaded to him into his clothes from yesterday. He then picked up his mechanical mouse Olivia. She climbed up his arm and sat one his shoulder. "Olivia, how about we go find Varian now?" The mouse nodded and Hugo smiled. He then walked out door to find Varian.

A few hours earlier, Varian had woken up from a nightmare. The nightmare he had was quite familiar to him as he did have to live through what he what it was about. He had hurt his friends and been punished for it. Quirin then made sure his son was isolated from humans after that and anyone that trespassed on his land paid with their life. The trespasser's blood was then given to Varian to keep him alive. Varian personally hated the idea but he wasn't going to disobey his dad, not after last time.

Varian had woken up thirsty and didn't want to lose control again so he left the room and went downstairs to the kitchen. He needed to sort out his thirst so he went to check the cabinet that usually held his blood supply but it only held the small amount of animal that was used in emergencies. Varian picked up some of the animal blood and looked at Ruddiger who looked just reluctant as he was. "I know Ruddiger but I don't have much of a choice. I can't effort to lose him too." Varian reluctantly picked up one the jars of blood and quickly drank it. Immediately after he was hit with a heavy wave of nausea, his body didn't take well to blood that wasn't from a human. He quickly ran over to the sink and vomited. He hated this but it had quenched his thirst so wouldn't lose control again and would still have energy to change to his human form.

Varian had been standing over the sink for hours vomiting. He then heard Hugo coming down the stairs stairs and turned back his human form and washed the blood off his face. Hugo then came into the kitchen and noticed how sick Varian looked. "Are you alright V?" Hugo looked genuinely concerned for Varian. "Yea. I-I'm alright. It's just some food poisoning I guess. I don't really know what it actually is but it's probably not a big deal." Varian stood up properly and smiled weakly at Hugo. Hugo sighed and smiled back. "How about we make some breakfast hairstripe?" Varian smiled. "Well I already had breakfast but I could help you make something." Hugo shrugged and smiled back at Varian. "Sure. I mean I don't know where anything is anyway." Varian smiled and they both started cooking. Hugo wasn't a very good cooking and kept burning the eggs he was trying to make. Varian laughed a little then cooked the eggs for Hugo. He was evidently the better cook. He then passed the plate of eggs and toast to Hugo. "Here. Go eat. I'm gonna clean up this mess." Varian said while gesturing to the surprising amount of mess on the counters. Hugo took the plate and to the kitchen table. He sat down and watched Varian as he started washing the dishes. Hugo took a bite of his food. "So do have any plans for today Goggles?" Varian raised his eyebrow at the new nickname and rolled eyes playfully. "Well I was going to go to library for a few hours then continue my experiments on different types of metal." Hugo continued eating. "You could come with me if you wanted but if you don't then I just need to ask you if you could just stay in the living room or library." Varian said as he finished the dishes and wiped his hands with a towel. He then went and sat at the table with Hugo. Hugo finished his food and put the plate in the sink. "I guess I'll go with you goggles since this is your house after all." Hugo shrugged. He really didn't know what he would around the house without Varian around. "Well then we should get going since I have a few things planned for today." Varian got up and left the kitchen to go to the library. Hugo then followed Varian.

Varian was sat at the corner of library, he had about 10 different books just scattered across the desk he was sitting at. "Hey shortstack! Just out of curiosity, who brought you all these books cause you don't leave the house right?" Hugo said sat upside down on a chair close to Varian's desk. Varian gave an annoyed looked to Hugo because of the new nickname. "Don't call me shortstack. Also my father bought the books for me but he doesn't buy them anymore. He says I got too curious about the outside world." Varian said as he continued writing down a few formulas. "Do you want to leave and ya know go outside?" Varian sighed and looked over at Hugo. "I can't. I wish I could but I'm not allowed." Varian looked a little upset and then went back to writing. Hugo dropped the subject and got up to go find a book to read. "Well, I'm gonna find a book to read. I'll be back in a few minutes." Varian watched as Hugo disappeared behind one of the multiple bookcases in the room. Varian looked at Ruddiger who was sitting on the middle of the desk looking at Varian with a concerned expression. "Look Ruddiger. I wanted to tell him but I just can't. He'll hate me!" Varian whispered. Ruddiger looked worried and chittered out a response. "I know that he might find out but I just can't tell him yet." Varian whispered again to Ruddiger. He didn't even know how he was supposed to tell Hugo. Humans were always afraid of him and he knew Hugo would be the same. Varian didn't even know whether he wanted to tell Hugo. Hugo then came back with a book about mythical creatures. "Hey hairstripe." Hugo sat back down on his chair. "Welcome back." Varian then noticed the book in Hugo's hands and raised one of his eyebrows. "mythical creatures? Why that book?" Hugo shrugged. "I don't know. It looked interesting." Hugo then opened the book and started reading it. Varian went back to what he had been doing as well.

A few hours later, Varian and Hugo had moved to the living room and been playing chess on a long forgotten chess board in corner of the room. Varian had already won 2 games while Hugo had only won 1. He insisted that Varian was cheating which he wasn't but that didn't stop Hugo for accusing him. They having a pretty good day so far but that was about to change. Varian heard the door to the house open. "You have to hide! My dad's home!" Varian whisper-yelled at Hugo while ushering him into a closet. "You stay in here. I'll come back. Just don't let my dad see you!" Varian then heard his dad walking around the first floor. "Varian! Where are you!?" Varian heard his dad's voice clearly but Hugo had just about heard it. Varian then shut the closet and ran out the room.

Once Varian was out of the living room, he quickly changed back to his vampiric form while running to the stairs. Just as Quirin was about walk up the stairs Varian had just started to run down the stairs to greet his dad. Quirin stopped and wait for his son. "Hey dad. Welcome home." Varian said while forcing a smile. In reality Varian was terrified. Terrified that his dad would find out about Hugo. Terrified of what would happen to Hugo.

Author's note: I'm sooo sorry I was gone for so long. I started school up again and had a lot of work to. Hopefully the next chapter won't take as long.