『STRENGTH』

ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 6- ᗷEGIᑎ

                            ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 6- ᗷEGIᑎ

⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

The reason you won was because you learned how to detect the form of the thread, using your feet. When you are fighting against someone, and you pick up this sense, you can see the thread. 

The thread is connected from your blade to your opponent's opening, growing tight the moment you see it. Your blade is drawn toward it with great force, and you slash through the opening. That was the focus of the reason you were able to hit Sabito's mask, and the boulder with such force.

You stood in front of the builder, dumbfounded. You sensed the old man's aura, and turned around. Each step he took near you, you could feel relief and slight happiness surrounding his old spirit.

"D..Did I do it?" You couldn't believe what you saw, and did. The fact a 13 year old fragile, and weak female could cause such fray.

"I had no intention of sending you to the Final Selection." You detected that lie from him. In fact, he was praying you would go to the F.S, and was also hoping you'd survive.

You raised your eyebrow, but listened what the old man had to say.

"..I didn't want to see more children die. I was hoping you wouldn't be able to slice through this boulder, but.." He turned towards you, lifting his damaged, scratched hands up to your head.

You though he would punch you in the stomach, so you embraced for the ruthless impact of his fist. But, instead of a punch to the gut, he had patted your head, ruffling through your messy hair. 

"Well done, my child! (Y/N), you're a remarkable kid!" He had called you his child.

Your pupils twitched, and you held his hand. Tears started to flow then fall, and he had hugged you, in a comforted way. "Thank you, Master Urokodaki." You hugged him back, thankful for all he has done for you.

"Make sure you come back alive for the Final Selection. I will be waiting for you to come back, no matter how long you take." His voice was cracking, and you could tell he was sad. 

That day brought comfort, sadness, and mental nourishment. 

You both walked to the house, whilst he was trying to hold back his cry. "It's ok, grandpa." More tears started to form, and you hugged his side. "I'll miss you, too." 

⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

The fire crackled, and fish was cooking in the fresh air of the house. Food was boiling, and joy was spreading throughout the house. You inhaled in amusement, and smiled brightly. "What's the occasion? There's so much!" 

"You've completed your training. It's a cause for celebration. Don't be shy. Eat up! This old man makes the best food." He handed you it, his face wrinkling from the sides of his mask.