The plants

Alexander slowly began loosing track of time but he knew that it was around one week since he had arrived. Donna, or more specifically her doll, would always joke around but he was never allowed to joke himself. He was only allowed to speak freely as long as it was related to the tasks he was doing. Currently he tended to the flowers in the yard. He didn't know what kind of plants these were. Donna told him the name but since he didn't spoke romanian or latin he simply called it 'The Yellow One'. because of the flowers color. Aside from her dolls, flowers and plants seem to be her favorite hobbies.

One thing he noticed, as he was tending to one of the yellow flowers, was the fact that they didn't smell. Like, at all. Nothing. But he didn't wanna ask Donna why. Especially since she seemed to have taken an interest in these flowers. 

"Prepare lunch once you are done!" Ordered him the doll. It's name was Angie. What a weird doll and and even weirder mistress. Especially given her child like behavior.

"Yes, Miss Donna." he replied and tried to sound nice. She seemed happy enough with that answer and returned into the house, closing the door behind. After Alexander was done with the plants, he watered them and then was finally done. He looked out over waterfall and the valley below. Truly, this location was amazing. Sure, much about the house was creepy. But the view was spectacular.

"Alex?"

That voice... no, it couldn't be. Could it?

He turned around and saw his parents. They were wearing their uniforms from the time in The Great War and looked at him with disapproval. "Alexander I thought we raised you differently."

"Mama... Papa what are you talking about?" He was so confused. Why were they here, how did they found him.

"We fought! We risked health and life for you and this is how you repay us?"

Alex dreaded what she was getting at. They already had that conversation before. "No... no no not again. I'm sorry. I never meant...."

"You yelled at us! Said we don't care about you! How dare you say such things!" his father shouted at him.

"Is this your appreciation for all the suffering that we endured?" his mother asked, crying and holding her hands before her eyes.

Alexander started to cry as well. He never wanted to disappoint his parents. He regretted yelling at them all these years ago. "Mama I'm so sorry. I was an idiot and...."

"Don't you ever speak to us again! I'm glad that this witch got you." his father interrupted him while he tried to console his wife.

"You... you don't mean that!" Alex shouted back.

"Oh? Like you didn't mean it when you said you hated us? Ungrateful, selfish brat! You should have died at the hands of these beasts. But maybe serving this witch will teach you some decency."

This was too much for Alexander to handle. He ran towards the house and slammed the door behind him. Breathing heavily, he sat down on the floor and with his back against the door. "It's not real... it wasn't real...." he whispered over and over again. And then the cried. "I'm so sorry.... I never meant to hurt you. I was so stupid... stupid..."

Unbeknown to him, Donna had been watching the whole scene from the widows in the second floor. In fact, she had been observing him for a while now but she never got the courage to strike a conversation and one day, while going through his stuff, she had found a photo of his parents and she wanted to surprise him by creating hallucinations with her wicked plants. She noticed how sad he was and wanted to cheer him up by sort of being reunited with his parents. Donna knew how it felt to be without parents.