Chapter Thirteen - Preparation

Markus had solidified his resolve to find out exactly why Connor thought the people of Jericho, however first he wanted him to meet Carl.

"Hey, Connor?" Markus laid down on his back next to Connor on the hunter's bed, Connor snuggled into his side as they basked in each other's warmth. "I've wanted to introduce you to Carl for a while now."

"Oh?" Connor looked up at Markus, quickly repositioning his head until it laid on Markus' chest so he could maintain eye contact. "I'd be happy to meet your father figure, Markus."

Markus melted at Connor's relaxed, lopsided smile, returning it with one of his own that he wouldn't have been able to hide if he tried. "Does tomorrow work? I have to go back to Jericho soon, so it'd work best."

"Sure, I'll have to get Hank to fill in for me, though," Connor nodded, closing his eyes again. "It'll be nice. Let's... 'sleep' now, alright? My systems are eager for a rest."

"Yeah, sounds good," Markus nodded against the pillow, letting his eyelids slide shut. "Night, Connor."

"Goodnight, Markus."

Connor woke up at six o'clock sharp, as usual, but felt no impulse to get up. Half of him was crushed by someone else - Markus, his still-rebooting mind provided - and he couldn't move his right arm. He had noticed Markus had the tendency to move around a lot, even in rest mode.

He had found he did the same when he was sharing the bed with the deviant leader. It was impractical, and meant his self-recharge wasn't as effective, but he found he didn't mind if it meant he got to snuggle into Markus' chest as his systems rebooted themselves.

Still, it was surprisingly pleasant to wake up with his thigh over Markus', ankle loosely held underneath the other's leg. Connor's arm stretched across Markus' chest, head resting on the solid, annoyingly covered skin. The definition that matched how he felt was content. He was content, laying on Markus as they slept, peaceful and calm.

The loose, oversized shirt that would've hung halfway down his thighs, had he been standing, rode up to his hip, making him use his leg to pull it back down. It was comfy, to have so much cool air against his synthetic skin against the warmth of Markus, but Markus was a sentient being that may grow uncomfortable seeing that.

The room was dark, seeing as neither Markus or Connor had felt like opening the curtain before they flopped onto the bed once they had hung up Connor's clothes and folded Markus', but Connor found himself admiring the way his own LED lit Markus' face with a soft blue glow.

Was it creepy to stare at someone you'd been sharing a bed with for a few days? Connor hoped not, because he wasn't sure he'd be able to tear his eyes away even if he tried. Markus was very pretty - he doubted anyone would be able to deny that.

Markus stirred, and Connor instantly felt disappointed that the relaxed face was no longer up for mindless admiring. Blinking himself into awareness, Markus slowly sat himself up, not particularly minding how Connor did the same only to fall onto his shoulder. "Morning, Connor."

"Good morning, Markus. Did you rest well?" Connor asked, though his voice was slightly muffled by the fact that his cheek was pushed into his mouth by Markus' shoulder.

"Yes, I did, did you?" Markus rested his chin on Connor's head, prompting the other to somehow climb between Markus' legs, back-to-chest. Connor leaned into Markus as the other repositioned his chin and wrapped his arms around him.

"Very," Connor smiled, hands moving to Markus' forearms as he pulled his knees towards him, enjoying feeling small and warm simultaneously. "Are we going to visit Carl today?"

"Mhm," Markus was about to elaborate when the door opened, revealing a tired-looking, worried Hank.

"Goddamnit, Connor," Hank groaned, "Tell me when you're gonna cuddle with Markus in the morning, I got up for nothing. Hell, I thought something had happened to ya."

"Apologies, Hank," Connor started, quickly getting up from Markus' hold, despite not wanting to move an inch, "I'll make a start on your breakfast now."

Hank grumbled something and left, presumably heading to the kitchen. Connor hurriedly got dressed, Markus watching for a moment before he got up and changed into some of the clothes Connor had convinced him to buy.

The pair wore corresponding outfits - Connor's hoodie was a soft pink with the occasional white patterned highlight, his pants coloured black with simple white stripes sewn on, the material was stretchy and flexible, made for models who participate in extreme running or heavy lifting.

Markus, on the other hand, wore a white hoodie with black patterns wrapping around the bottom of it, his pants were a soft pink with white stripes that trailed down the sides of the pant leg.

So similar and yet the exact opposite. The look suited them.

Connor took Markus' wrist, basically dragging the other out of his room once they were both dressed, forcing him to sit down in the kitchen.

"Markus is going to take me to meet Carl," Connor hummed as he broke the egg he had taken on the side of the pan, "Would you be able to tell Fowler, Hank?"

Hank blinked - Connor had never asked for a favour, especially not to skip work, but he also supposed it might help these two helpless androids to get together. He nodded his 'okay', sipping his orange juice because Connor had 'forgotten' to buy some more coffee.

"Thank you, I appreciate it," Connor smiled, sipping his thirium. "Should we go now, Markus?"

"Do you want to go now?" Markus tilted his head, fixing his hoodie. He wouldn't mind - had Carl named his new medical android yet?

"I think it'd be nice to meet your father and interact with him for a while," Connor nodded, taking Markus' empty thirium glass to give it a quick rinse, leaving it in the sink. "I'll wash the dishes when I come back, alright Hank?"

"Alright, go meet your boyfriend's dad," Hank chuckled, no longer trying to be subtle. Connor's cheeks grew warm, unaware of Markus' cheeks doing the same.

"We're not dating, Hank," Connor pouted childishly before recomposing himself, grabbing Markus' hand, "We're going to travel to Carl's place, see you, Hank!"

Markus smiled - Connor was cuter than anyone gave him credit for.