prologue

Love was hard, I never had any luck with it

            Love was hard, I never had any luck with it. I had heartbreak after heartbreak, I felt like I could never trust anyone ever again. I think that's why my manager put Dove and I up to this. He was always looking out for me.

              Maybe he didn't do it for me, just for the numbers. I wish I could know how Dove truly felt about this. About us. Maybe she didn't want to do this as much as I didn't. Maybe-

"Kameron! Are you with us?" I got startled by the sudden yell forgetting I was in a meeting with Dove and her manager, along with mine. "My apologies, I got lost in thought. Where were we?" I sat up straight. Ryan, Doves manager, scoffed. "You two will be spending a week together, building more of a connection so people believe you twos relationship."

Dove looked at me, we locked eyes not looking anywhere else she said, "Where would we be staying at?" She now turned to face Reed, my manager. "Just a flat in New York, everything's already paid for, foods you two like and everything is set up." Dove smiled, "Sounds good I think we have everything settled?" Dove and I nodded, "Okay here's the keys to the flat you two need to get going this week starts now." We both rose our brows but accepted the key.

Dove headed out before me so I turned to face Reed. "Reed are you sure about this." He smiled grabbing my hand, "Of course, you got this Kam you're ready I know it." I gave a small smile then turned to catch up with Dove.

                 Dove and I walked side by side in silence, just the sound of our feet moving in sync. I decided to fully dig into this role by holding Doves hand in mine, she looked at me with a raised brow.

"We're not out in public what are you doing?" I sighed being a bit disappointed, "I just want to get into the role as your girlfriend as quickly as possible. Do you want me to let go?" She shook her head as she looked straight forward with a smile.

                 I have no idea how this whole ordeal with fold out but, I'm willing to stay for the ride.