13

Previously:  "Then my phone started ringing, it was my mom

Previously:
"Then my phone started ringing, it was my mom."

____________________________________

Me- Hey mom what's up? Everything okay?

I noticed Von looked up at me, he was trying to conceal it but fear was in his eyes, Dove put her hand on top of mine.

Mom- Is Davon with you?

Me- Yes he is, what happened? Was it Matthew?

Mom- Matthew means well baby, Von doesn't understand. The whole situation was a misunderstanding.

Me- Mom what happened?

I heard the phone moving quickly.

Matthew- You tell that bitch if he butts into my business again I'll kick him and his whore of a mother out, along with his whore sister.

I looked at Dove, then Von. My hand started to clench, I moved it away from Dove and walked into our room to deal with it.

Me- Who the fuck do you think you're talking to?

Matthew- A faggot who doesn't know her place.

Me- I can easily take all of them out of your home and move them into a better one. Don't forget I make more money then you could in 50 years.

I heard the phone move again then yelling once more.

Mom- Hey hey hun it's okay, we're quite alright.

Me- I'm coming.

I hung up the phone and walked back out to Dove and Von. I sat down taking a deep breath.

"Davon tell me everything that happened with Matthew. Every detail. If not you can get the fuck out of my apartment." Dove looked at me with an 'are you serious' look. I was pissed and Von knew that. He explained everything that happened down to Matthew hitting both him and my mom, his yelling, everything.

"I'm gonna kill him." I stood up grabbing my keys, Dove grabbed my arm. "Babe maybe you shouldn't." I looked back, "I need to, thats my mom and my little sister alone in that house Dove." Dove looked visibly worried. "At least let me go with you." I shook my head. "Stay here with Von, my machete is in the room under the mattress if you need protection. I'll be back by tomorrow evening." I didn't let her get another word in as I walked out of the door shutting it.

________

I arrived at my moms house. By the looks of it Matthew was here. I walked in for my mom had given me a key to the house. Nobody was in the living room so I went straight to Savannahs room.

I knocked lightly, "Hey bunny it's me Kam." I heard quick feet and the door open. She hugged me tightly. "Can I go back with you please." I smiled lightly. "I'll take you and mom and you guys can live in a nice house with anything you want okay?" Savannah nodded, I signaled for her to go back into her room.

I walked over to my moms room opening the door. There she was on the bed, I saw bruises on her arms that I hadn't seen before. "What the fuck are you doing in my house?!" Matthew grabbed my shoulder pulling me back away from the room and slamming the door shut.

I looked him dead in the eyes. "Don't you ever touch me with your filthy hands again." He scoffed, "Oh Kameron I'm sorry I thought you were someone else." I smiled, "No it's just me and a bitch in front of me, speaking of, what was all the talk over the phone?" He clenched his jaw, "You stupid bitch." Matthew punched my face, causing my lip to bleed.

I wiped the blood, looking at him again, I swung. He fell to the ground as I got ontop of him punching him left and right. He started crying, but I continued hitting him until I knew he was unconscious. "Mom! Savannah! Let's go!" My mom hesitantly walked out of her room, covering her mouth. Savannah walked out and covered her eyes as I picked her up and took them both to my car. "I'll go pack your guys' clothes, you're going to be okay."

                   I had my mom call an ambulance for him, when the police arrived I explained everything. They took pictures of my moms arms and my sisters legs. Luckily my mom stopped him anytime he tried to sexually assault Savannah, it made me want to kill him even more, making me regret even calling the authorities.

                   They understood why I did what I did. They told me they'd give me updates and that I could take them back to New York with me.

_______

                  As promised to Dove I arrived back by the next afternoon, earlier than expected. I rolled my mom and Savannah's stuff in while my mom rolled in Vons. I put their stuff by the couch.

Von ran up to my mom and Savannah hugging them both. "I'm so sorry I left." My mom gave a slight smile as a tear rolled down her cheek. "It's okay Kams got our backs." Dove slowly walked up to me, she looked at my lip, then my hands. I saw her start to tear up before she hugged me tightly. "Never do something stupid like that again Kameron Owens you understand?!" My family looked over at us, I felt my shirt start to get wet.

I rubbed Doves back. "I won't I promise, look i'm okay." I pulled her back a bit lifting her chin with my finger, I smiled lightly as I kissed her. I pulled away, she hugged me again and I didn't think she'd be letting go.

_______

               Dove and I had an air mattress so we laid it out for my mom and Savannah, Von said he'd sleep on the couch that he found it comfortable. Dove and I were in our room, she had her head on my chest and was running her thumb over my hand.

"I've never seen you angry before." I sighed, "Honestly I could've been worse but I learned to control it over the years." She put her chin on my chest looking at me now. "You ran through my mind keeping my head straight. You may not have been there but you kept that thing from dying." Dove pecked my lips. "Kameron, I love you." I smiled, "And I love you so much more."