4

After I plated the chicken Alfredo, I walked over to Dove to see how she was doing

After I plated the chicken Alfredo, I walked over to Dove to see how she was doing. Dove had cleaned everything spotless and it honestly surprised me.

"All hale the cleaning queen." I got on my knees bowing, "Get up I just cleaned the floor." We both started laughing, when we heard a knock on the door.

              Looking at Dove I grabbed her hand, walking over to the door with a smile. As soon as I opened the door Savannah rushed in hugging both Dove and I. We all laughed.

"Come on in guys." Von and my mother walked into the apartment, my mom started looking around, "Come here little man." Von laughed as we hugged, "You two have an amazing apartment together," Dove and I smiled, Savannah in Doves arms and Von next to me, it felt nice. "How rude of me I didn't even introduce myself." My mom walked over to Dove hugging her. "I'm Linda it's nice to finally meet you Dove." Dove smiled brightly returning the hug to my mom. "It's nice to finally meet you too."

"Something smells absolutely divine hun, what'd you make this time?" I chuckled a bit, "Your favorite, chicken Alfredo with garlic bread." She jumped up and down with glee, giving me a tight hug. "Thank you so much."

Doves POV

As I watched Kam and Linda hug it brought warmth in my heart, it was so cute to see her this excited about food. Granted I'd be the same. I felt a tug at my shirt, I looked down, but not too far, locking eyes with Savannah, we both smiled at each other.

"Can we talk in another room? I wanna ask you something." Savannah had a serious tone, and It honestly freighted me. Does she not like me? "Of course hun, let's go into me and Kameron's room." Before we walked over to the door, I whispered in Kameron's ear. "We'll be in the room." Kam nodded.

Savannah and I sat on the edge of the bed. The door shut and silence. I didn't know what was about to be asked, what she was going to do, if I was going to die by the hands of a 12 year old.

"Stop panicking." Savannah giggled, I let go the breath i was holding. "What'd you want to ask?" Savannah made a serious face again, "What do you see in my sister? Why do you love her?" This is why Kam didn't want them to come over too soon, this question. I thought hard about my few days spent with Kameron. I knew exactly what I wanted to say, I looked at Savannah locking eyes with her.

"Kameron is a character. She wears a lot of long sleeves and I always found that interesting, to this day I still haven't seen beyond the sleeves." Savannah giggled, "Kameron is also kind, sweet, considerate, charming, sly and a very handsome woman. Kameron is there for me even when I don't want her to be. Kam is honestly the best human being I've ever met." Which I meant with all my heart, these past few days have been great. "You wanna know what's under her sleeves?" I nodded anxiously.

"Kam!" I jumped at the sudden yell. Kameron ran into the room, "What? What's wrong?" We both laughed, "Come in and shut the door." Kameron obeyed shutting the door and standing in front of us. "Kameron show her your arms." I looked at Kameron with puppy eyes, she chuckled, "That's all? You just had to ask me Dove." I blushed.

As Kam rolled up her sleeves bit by bit you could see a tattoo sleeve, by the looks of it, it was an anime tattoo but god it was beautiful. Kameron rolled up her other sleeve, but that tattoo sleeve had roses. I wonder how far these two sleeves lead.

"Is that all? Are we done?" I smiled lightly, grabbing her right arm examining the roses

"Is that all? Are we done?" I smiled lightly, grabbing her right arm examining the roses. "These vines...they all stop at your elbow. Did something happen there?" I heard Kam swallow, Savannah stood up and grabbed her hand. "You don't have to say anything Kameron."

Kameron laughed, but I could tell it was fake, "No it's alright, it's childish anyways. Shit now I know why the kids laughed about it back then at school." I made a sympathetic face, "I had a rottweiler, my best-friend, his name was Titan. Titan was a sweet boy but very protective, when Savannah was younger, she couldn't even touch me. He didn't like anyone but me." Kameron had looked down at this point. "Long story short he bit me, thrashing his head on my arm, i'm lucky it didn't come off. That was 6 years ago...I still can't look a dog in the eye, no matter what the breed, I can't."

I gently rubbed her arm, I felt the scar, it was soft but you could tell it was there. "Kam that's not childish, that's traumatic, and i'm glad you're still here. Those kids had no right to laugh, especially without knowing the full story." I hugged Kam, feeling her sob lightly on my shirt. I rubbed her back, then kissed her cheek. Wiping her tears I smiled, "Let's go eat Kam." She nodded as her, Savannah and I walked back out to the dinner table.

                      Sitting there, eating with Kameron and her family, it felt nice. I learned something new about Kameron. It's honestly one of the things I have to keep in mind, most. She's delicate, and that's okay.