Chapter 3

"Where can I find the potatoes?"

"Niall, look with your eyes, they're somewhere in this room!"

It's evening now I don't know what's happening but all the boys are running through the house while yelling at each other. I want to help them; however, I am locked behind bars. Niall is trying to make dinner even though Liam is making more of it because Niall doesn't know how to cook. Zayn is yelling because he can't take a shower in peace. Harry is the only calm one, he is standing by the window looking out into the woods. I want to see the nature too, but I don't dare open my eyes. I only open my eyes when I am alone with Niall. He is the only one that I trust a little bit and I fear what the others would do if I opened my eyes. It feels like as long as I don't see them, they won't hurt me. They haven't tried to converse with me once, so that makes me think that I am here on behalf of Niall.

"You know it will be easier for you to eat if you open your eyes."

I turn my head to the way the voice came from. It was Niall, he has a calm voice with an Irish accent.

"Did you already eat?" I ask in confusion because I didn't hear them eat.

"No."

"Why don't you eat?" I ask with more confusion in my voice. These men surely have to eat sometime, it's not healthy to skip a meal.

After I asked that question silence falls over the house, like a blanket put over a flame to dove it. Even Zayn, who was singing in the shower, fell silent. I can hear footsteps leave the room followed by a barely heard whisper "You said that you would handle him."

I question who it was in my head but I couldn't make it out from the hushed voice. Once I think everyone's gone, I open my eyes. I see Niall sitting in front of the cage like he always does and I see a shadow in my peripheral view. I turn my head and see the back of who I am pretty sure is Harry. He has beautiful brown curls that are flowing over his shoulders like water in a river. He turns around and I am met by a delightful pair of green eyes. I have never in my whole life seen such a breathtaking man.

He keeps looking at me while I start to feel uncomfortable. I want to look away but it seems like my eyes are absorbed by his. After a while, Niall clears his throat. I totally forgot he was in the room and I quickly look down.

"So, let me introduce you to each other. Louis this is Harry, Harry this is Louis."

I put my hand out to shake his like I did with Niall, though I take it back quickly when I notice Harry isn't moving a muscle. He is still standing by the window and looking at me with a blank expression.

While taking my hand back so fast, I cut my finger by a protrusion of the bars. I look at my finger and I notice that it's bleeding a little bit. After that, everything happens really fast. I see Niall looking at my finger and quickly turning around to face Harry. Meanwhile, Harry saw it too and he looks at me with an expression I can't really place. The next thing I see is darkness, however, I didn't close my eyes. Niall put a sort of blanket over my cage.

I hear Niall whispering something right before I hear Liam and Zayn running downstairs and into the room. Harry is yelling so hard that I must cover my ears otherwise I am sure I will become deaf. I hear a loud bang followed by many others. This goes on for a while until it's suddenly quiet. I bring my hands down and wrap them around my legs. I hear whispers I don't understand and three pairs of footsteps leave the house. The man that is left in the house with me lets out a deep breath and takes away the blanket that was still laying over my cage. At first, I still can't see anything but after my eyes focus, I can see Niall cleaning the room. I look around and see the damage that was done. There are books everywhere, the coffee table is smashed plus the couch fell over. I look at Niall, while he cleans the room the best he can. He turns to me for a second and I look at him with a questioning look.