Chapter 1

Pain. You were no stranger to it as was normal for any other day in a small 8 year old's life. Or that's what you though. You were always woken up like this. Feeling a large electric shock through you head is such a great way to be woken up.

Your mother and father stood either side of the metal table you were strapped to in your basement. Each holding a thick syringe. One with a red fiery liquid, while the other had a light ice like blue in it. As they stuck it in my arms all I could feel was a fire like burn and an ice like cold go through my body at the same time. I screamed and screamed asking them to stop but they never did.

Y/N POV

I shot up in bed panting slightly still feeling the pain run through my arms. The windows were frosted slightly and the rooms temperature was slightly raised. The clock read 3:00 as I rolled out of bed. Great I thought First bit of sleep in days and its a nightmare. I quickly get ready, trying not to focus on the scars that litter my arms and legs, and head to the training room.

As I enter the elevator I hear Jarvis voice ring out. " I would advise you to go back to your room Miss Y/L/N. This is the third time this week."

"I know J, I'm just in the mood to train"

"May I remind you that you have only had 4 hours of sleep this week"

"I know but remember, no mentioning this to the others."

"Yes Miss Y/L/N."

With that the elevator doors open to reveal a large training room. One one side was a line of punching bags. On the other weights and treadmills. Right in the center there were mats and rings for one on one combat. There was a door on the other end that led to a shooting range for both guns and arrows. I walked over to the farthest punching bag, put on the gloves and went at it. Soon Steve came in surprised to see me there.

"Uh hi Y/N, I didn't expect to see you here this early it's 5am"

"Oh yea I haven't been here for very long" you lie

I have been here for a couple months and still hadn't told anybody that I couldn't sleep. I didn't want them to worry about me.

With that I left the training room and rode the elevator to my floor. I walked past Natasha's room into mine. I showered and got ready for the day to see the clock read 5:45. It always took some time for me to get ready as I put on a lot of makeup to get the tiredness of my face.

Outfit above sorry if you don't like it

As I walked out I ran into Natasha also coming out of her room. She didn't have any meetings or missions today so she was in her casual sweatpants and hoodie. She looked gorgeous. I have always like Natasha I just never had the guts to tell her. I look up at her face to see her slightly smirking at my blushed face. I quickly mutter a sorry as I turn towards the elevator. She follows suit and we ride in a slightly awkward silence.

As we make our way to the kitchen. I go to sit on the counter stools while Nat sits beside me.

"Why are you up this early." I ask "you usually aren't"

"Well Tony is shit at building walls so I could hear you getting up this morning" she replied

"Oh sorry" I say hopping she doesn't ask why I was up at three am today

" Why were you up so early this morning" she ask Ah shit I think

"What do you mean" I reply innocently 

"I heard you moving around and leave your room at 3 am. That's early, even for you."

"What does that mean" I usually don't  talk this much but I did get some sleep last night so I was less tired than usual. Plus it was only the two of us and I was most comfortable with her, as well as Bruce, I liked how quiet and reserved he was compared to the others, much like myself.

"Your usually up before anyone else, Sit here on your phone until someone calls you or you have a mission or meeting." she had observed

"Oh yea I guess you right"

With that I pulled out my phone and began scrolling through Instagram. Nat did the same and would occasionally tap the table in front of me to get my attention and show me a video as we waited for the others to join us.

844 Words