Chapter 8

Nat POV

I woke up this morning around 6 am. It was weird because I wasn't awoken by Y/N this morning hmm. I shrugged it off and got ready for the day. I was dressed in more casual clothes as Y/N and I were having a movie day. I still hadn't heard her this morning and was feeling a little weird about it. It was now about 6:45

I rode the elevator down to the main level and was greeted with the fresh smell of breakfast. Most people were up as was usual for any day but I didn't see Y/N anywhere. I walked into the kitchen and sat down in my usual spot. Everyone else started to sit down at around 7 and still no sign of her.

I asked everyone at the table about it and they all hadn't seen her which was weird. Usually she was up earlier than most and would see Steve training in the morning. After I asked Tony started to look down with a guilty look on his face. What did he do?!

"Stark tell me right now what you did." I ask menacingly. Everyone's eyes trained on Tony as he looked up.

"It wasn't my fault" was what he said first.

"Tony what did you do?" Steve asked confused

"I was down in the lab las night. She came in at around 2 am but I didn't notice her there. Pepper came downstairs trying to get me to sleep when she noticed her. We started talking. Soon Pepper left us there and Y/N said that she needed some supplies to build. I said she could use them if she stayed down there with me. We were in a comfortable silence with her dancing around and humming to a song that I couldn't hear. Out of nowhere she asked "Em" if there was any vibranium she could use" Stark started

"Who's Em" Pietro asks confused. Wanda was just staring at him already knowing what had happened after going through his mind.

"That's what I was thinking so I asked her. At first she just ignored me but I walked over to her and asked again. Its her AI." Stark said slightly impressed. "She had finished the AI a couple hours earlier as she said and had put it into her glasses that she had bee wearing. I looked through and it was actually really good."

Everyone else was listening impressed as Tony rarely said something someone else had built was good. All I could think about was why she had been up that long. She needs to sleep. Hopefully she will while we're watching movies.

I came across some protocols she had put in for her room." I gasped at him knowing she would not want him to see.

"You looked at them didn't you." I said already knowing the answer.

"Of course I did Nat how was I supposed to know what it did." He replied

Everyone else was looking at me Tony and Wanda wanting a clue as to what we were talking about.

"What was the protocol called Tony" I quietly asked him hopping it wasn't what I thought it was.

"It was called Switched" he whispered

"Tony" I groan "She doesn't like people seeing that

"How do you know about this" He asked confused

"She showed me last night. Told me not to tell anyone." I say. I turn to Wanda "You saw what happened in his mind right" Wanda nods in confirmation "This never happened alright. Neither of you ever saw that and you will tell no one until Y/N is ready"

They both nod their heads in agreement while the rest of them looked more confused then before. I nodded at Tony telling him that he could continue with the story leaving out what he saw exactly.

"Well I looked at protocol switched and saw it. I calmly gave her the glasses back and though for a couple minutes. I finally sifted through what I had seen in my mind and screamed: what the fuck did you do. She looked down scared and said she was sorry before running out of the room with tears in her eyes before I could say anything more." Tony said looking down guiltily.

"So let me get this straight. You screamed at Y/N because of what you saw and she ran out crying" I say trying to stay as calm as possible about this.

"Yes" Tony whispered barely audible.

With that I stormed out of the room leaving what was left of my food behind while running to the elevator. I got in and JARVIS immediately brought me to my floor. I walked over to her door, only now checking the time to see it was 7:30. Wow. Getting mad at Stark really makes the time fly by.

I knocked on the door and heard nothing. I knocked again this time saying it was just me and I wanted to come in. Still no answer. I opened the door to see her asleep on the bed curled up into a ball with the blanket. I walked over to her and re adjusted the blanket kissing her head softly as I walked out. At the time I had no idea she was awake just used to keeping her breathing normal slow.

I went back to the kitchen to see all eyes turned to me.

"She's asleep in bed. Probably needed it after being up for that long" I said. They all nodded their heads going back to whatever they were doing. I put my dish away and made a plate for Y/N for when she woke up. I walked back to my room and did some paper work while waiting for her to wake up.

964 Words