Chapter 17

Y/N POV

We got to the movie theater at 11:45. Nat said she wanted to get there as early as possible so she sped through the last 30 minutes trying to get into as many near death experiences as possible. So that we could get here to pick a movie and to get some snacks before the movie at 12

I got out of the car with my mini backpack and immediately knew something was different. I looked around and saw 3 school buses parked as close to the theater as possible. There were about 60 kids of different ages in and around the theater with about 25 adults trying to get them into groups. I looked at the date on my phone and groaned as I turned to Wanda and Nat.

"Guess what day it is." I say

"What?" Wanda asks, confused.

"It is Monday, April 25th. The day after International Kids Day." I say hopping they connect all the dots.

"So what." Nat says as she starts to walk off.

I pull her back and say. "On IKD most schools and stores do something fun for the kids in the area. Look around us. There are 3 yellow school buses, about 60 kids of all different ages and 25 adults trying to get them into groups. The school did a field trip to the local movie theater since for IKD the theater is only playing child friendly movies."

"Oh well that's great for them but not great for us. What are we going to do?" Wanda asks

"I mean we could just watch a kids movie." Nat suggests

"Ok let's go" I say. I was more comfortable with these people so I was starting to talk more. I guess Nat noticed because she smiled at me and I blushed a little.

----------------———-Time skip--------------------

The movie we ended up watching was Frozen. It was pretty good. It was a little weird to see a movie about a girl who has ice powers and has a little sister named Anna, but it was still good.

We went to a craft store that was a little more in the town and I think Wanda forgot we were going to a craft store since she started bouncing in her seat when we pulled up.

It was a small store that was probably family run. Since there were only two people inside which included a member of staff. There were lots of shelves on either side of the store with one aisle in the middle.

There were lots of different boxes and fabrics and papers and pens. There was one section specifically for sticky notes and notebooks in the far corner and I could see how happy Wanda was as she basically ran over there.

I walked up to the counter and there was this cute girl who was probably around my age sitting there reading a book. She was obviously so enthralled in the book that she didn't notice us come in. She looked so peaceful and calm that I didn't want to disturb her.

Nat must have noticed this since she walked up to one of the thick notebooks near Wanda and "Accidentally" dropped it. The girl looked up at the sudden noise and saw me standing there smiling.

"Oh I'm so so sorry" She said as she stood from her chair.

"It's fine really." I reply, trying to make her feel better

"Do you need help finding anything?" She asked

"Yes actually" I say, taking my iPad out of my bag, "I am making a present for a friend and I need this type of Jewelry box."

I show her the rough sketch I made on my iPad. She nods her head as she looks at it and says " We have something similar to that. It's in the back, give me a second."

I nod as she walks into the back room. I walk over to where Wanda is standing with a bunch of different colored sticky notes and notebook. She had a bunch in her hands and looked like she was trying to get even more.