13 hospital (2)

Tears blurring her eyes, her feet kissed her floor and her hand gripped on tightly onto the bed rail. The doctors were rushing Hanseok into the operation room and Seohae was running along, until they told her to wait outside of the operation room.

Myunghee, Hanseo and Seungheuk soon catched up, shoulders heaving.

The light above the operation door turned on but it would not calm Seohae's anxious heart down. She went to the toilet to clear her mind and wash his blood off her hands.

Wiping away her tears, she came back and a doctor came to them.

"It will take about 6 hours for this operation, the chances of survival is..." He pursed his lips, "20 percent."

He took his leave, leaving a worried trio by themselves outside the operation room.

Myunghee paced around worriedly, while the men sat down at the seat nearby. Seohae joined them.

Hours passed and not a single word was exchanged between them. It grew late and none of them had a meal yet, they were scared to when Seohae had not moved from where she sat nor said a word.

"Forgive me for asking this but..." Seungheuk played with his fingers. "What if... Just what if... we came too late...and-"

"Shut up. Shut up it won't happen. He'll survive." Seohae interrupted immediately.

"But you know if anything happens to Hanseok, I won't spare your lives right?" She shot back at the two men who messed up badly a few hours ago.

"I-I'm sure he'll make it out safely. He's a strong man." Seungheuk spluttered.

"Yes yes, me too." Hanseo added.

Seohae said nothing else but her sharp death glare was enough to make their hair stand. They stood infront of her shoulders down and their hands infront of them, clasped nervously together.

Seohae let out a big, annoyed sigh.

Hanseo and Seungheuk decided they should get dinner for the women who were more than pissed at them.

They came back with two containers and they gave one to each of them.
"Mdm In, it's 9pm now. You should have a meal." Hanseo said, holding out the container. Seohae contemplated for a bit before taking it from him, gobbling down the warm noodles.

"You should get some rest. I'll notify you immediately when the operation is done." Myunghee said.

"I will stay. Go home if you guys want."

She finished her meal and finally got up to throw it away.

Seeing that no one took their leave, everyone stayed. The operation was ending any time now.

Seohae felt a tug at her feet and looked down to see Seungheuk tying her shoelaces for her. She retracted her leg immediately.

"What are you doing?"

"Your shoelaces were undone, Mdm In." He said sheepishly, dusting his hands on his pants and took a few small steps back.

Seohae could not hide the disgusted look on her face, making him regret his act of kindness.

Myunghee offered her a bottle of water. Seohae took it but didn't drink from it.

"Sorry if this is insensitive but we have to figure out who did it quickly, what was the scene like there?" Myunghee asked, facing Seohae.

"It was in a warehouse, there were signs of fight and guns. But Hanseok got stabbed with a knife, not shot. So that's odd." Seohae replied. "Work on it and make sure he doesn't get away with it."