26 ENDING #01 (pt 1/4) I'm sorry.

Seohae snapped on the electric light overhead, and heaved her bag onto the coffee table. She pulled out the ponytail that was barely keeping its shape and sat down. There was nothing to do.

She had just completed the machine with Vincenzo that day, after dragging it on as long as possible. The machine that would kill Hanseok slowly and painfully.

She had not gone to work in 5 days and did not allow Hanseok to come over to contact her in any way. She had been working on the machine during the past few days and kept herself busy at night, by going out with her friends, and booking excessive appointments. Sometimes she would clean the whole house till midnight just to block out her thoughts.

When she had nothing to do, she would blast music so loud that she wouldn't be able to hear her own thoughts -- she didn't want to.

She didn't want to feel human, after coming back from the work with Vincenzo. She knew that she would collapse into a mess when she realises the consequences of her actions. She had been trying her darnest to avoid this.

But today, Seohae was at a loss. She had completed the machine that evening and Hanseok would be in it the next day. She didn't have any appointments and the pubs near her house was closed because of renovation.

Although it was only 8pm, she decided to go to bed to avoid thinking about it.

She changed into comfortable clothes and lay in bed, eyes shut but her mind was still awake. The thought remained at the back of her mind, annoyingly blaring out at her. She could not stop thinking of it. Of Hanseok, in the chair she made. She didn't feel she deserved to be having a comfortable, early sleep when she would see Hanseok dying the next day.

She eventually gave up trying to sleep and went back to the living room to drink, in an attempt to get her mind away from it. She took out bottles of alcohol stored in her kitchen cupboard and a wine glass, hoping that it would magically take her mind off all her troubles.

However, the alcohol only took the distraction away from the music, leaving her with slight drunkeness and lesser energy to avoid her blaring thoughts.

As she drank finish each glass, she poured more and more vodka into the wine glass. She lost the energy to keep herself sober. Her head collapsed into her palm, her feverish forehead tingling on her skin. It quickly shot back up when her phone buzzed.

She picked it up, fumbling to unlock it.

It was a message from Hanseok, together with other messages from the previous days that she had ignored.

Do you need any extra medicine? I'm near a pharmacy.

This was it. The pin pulled to unlock all the emotions that were suppressed behind a door. She felt her nose tingle and the corner of her eyes dampened. She caught sight of the earlier messages, and scrolled up to see their previous messages.

The couple voucher is expiring soon, we need to use it.

Are you still in the office? It's so late.

Are you awake? Let's go grab a coffee.

Should we buy this coffee maker for the office?

You left your lipstick at my house.

Tears clouded her vision, and she brought her fist to her mouth to stop herself from crying, if that would help.

Frustrated, she went to the call app and typed 'Han', clicking the first contact that popped up.

She slapped it to her ear and waited for the phone to be picked up.