29 ENDING #1 (pt 4/4) Just Like Animals [FINALE]

This chapter is inspired by the lyrics of Animals by Maroon 5. Violence in this chapter.

It has been 8 months since Seohae last saw Hanseok. 8 months since Hanseok started plotting his revenge.

She had been comfortable back in France, almost forming a friendship with Vincenzo and their plan to take down the Lucianos were going better than expected.

Blaise has always been by her side, insisting to accompany her to hide outs and was always the first to check on her. She had started warming up to him too.

Everything was going good, great even. But Seohae sensed that it was going too good, and that something horrible would happen soon. Most of the times it was just that she was overly paranoid and refused to accept that she was deserving of such a smooth sailing life, but this time it was different.

This time, she was right.

Blaise went missing.

Once she found out, she deployed search teams to find him and even snuck herself into the Luciano's basement to assure herself that he was not being captured by them.

But he was nowhere to be found, until a phone call from an unknown number flipped the situation around.

"Hello?"

Silence. Ruffling of leaves.

"Did you miss me?"

Her hand that was twisting the door knob froze. Her mind sieved through the countless voices she had heard before, before landing on one and her whole body seemed to be paralysed for a second. Jang Hanseok.

He was supposed to be dead. No good news could come from a man she tried to kill.

A sound of a slap and a groan.

"Do you remember where you ate dinner last night?" He asked.

"What do you want?" She replied, after realising he could very potentially be linked to Blaise's sudden disappearance.

"Using that tone with me already?" He sighed. "I'm a bit hurt. Anyway time is running short, and I know what you're looking for."

Silence for a few seconds, then a command to speak into the phone.

"Don't fall into his trap. I'll make it out myself." She recognised Blaise's voice instantly.

"Blaise?!"

"I've got your man, meet me at the shops near there, before my patience runs out."

There was a rent out shopping mall somewhere near the place where Seohae and Blaise had dinner last night, and it was always empty and filled with dust and cobwebs, with rental agencies' number pasted in bright banners at every corner. She liked eating near there because it gave them privacy and a quiet place to unwind.

"Jang Hanseok, If you do anything to him I'll make sure--"

"Come alone and I'll save you his head." He laughed and hung up.

She clicked her tongue in annoyance, thinking about what Blaise said. She knew Blaise could, and would escape. But she didn't trust Hanseok, 8 months was a long time to plan whatever he wanted. If what he wants is her, surely he would let Blaise go if she complies. Maybe he won't but Blaise would then have enough time to escape. She couldn't let Blaise suffer for her own actions in Korea.

She went to grab the nearest weapons -- a dagger and a gun which was always stored in the most convenient drawer of her room.

She thought of sending a back up team, because God knows what a dead man was doing here in France with Blaise. But she knew she couldn't, it would be too risky and she was fairly confident she could take him down herself.