20 a dangerous game

The next day, Hanseok refused to leave her side, arranging for a new desk to be in his office room so Seohae would not leave his sight.

"You're doing too much." Seohae complained when the workers left.

"This is what I should've done months ago, then you wouldn't have to go through all that. I'm not giving you another chance to enter the hospital."

The desk was at the opposite end of the room, facing the wall near the corner. Hanseok had ordered a long table and a large cupboard for Seohae, so the free space in the room shrank such that 2 couch chairs and a table were removed.

Hanseok spent the whole morning helping Seohae move her paperwork to his office.

"Am I really going to be sitting here everyday?"

"And you get to see me everyday, isn't that good?"

"Isn't it so you can see me everyday?" Seohae replied.

Hanseok smiled and nodded, agreeing.

"Did you switch your phone off silent mode?" He asked. They spent the whole day working together, Hanseok taking occasional glances at Seohae who was hard at work, furiously typing and flipping through papers.

At the end of the day, they got off work together to eat dinner.

Truth be told, Hanseok just wanted to be close to Seohae. He knew she could protect herself, maybe even better than he could. But he just didn't want to worry again.

He felt that any moment with Seohae would slip through his fingers anytime and he would never get her back.

Even after they were done with their meal, Hanseok refused to leave.

"It's late, you should go home. Your house is a distance away." Seohae nagged.

"And leave you here alone at after someone attacked you on the street yesterday?"

"I'm not a kid you know, I've been fighting people all my life. They won't stand another chance." She replied.

"Look at that bar, it's still open!" Hanseok pointed to a bar a distance away from them, trying to divert the conversation of Seohae trying to get Hanseok to leave. "Let's go."

So they went to the bar, and it was filled with people from all different ages. Businessmen making under the table deals, lovers coming to have fun, and aged men coming to check out the women.

They sat near a bartender and ordered their drinks. After a while, but started to get hot and Seohae took off her coat. Hanseok took a double take at her sleeveless top, surprised that she wore a sleeveless blouse in the cold weather but he kept quiet.

After a while, he noticed some older men making excited glances at her, making bold statements.

Hanseok protectively placed her jacket back around her shoulders.

"I'm not cold."

"Those creeps over there keeps staring at you."

The guys booed when she was covered up, and Hanseok decided to approach them.

Seohae pulled his arm to stop him, telling him to sit back down and that she would take care of them. Hanseok obeyed, giving her a confused look as she brushed her hair back with her fingers and approached the men, walking with confidence. He was ready to lunge forward at them anytime.

Seohae sat on the low table, starting a conversation with them in a lower pitch, seductive voice that she knew worked every time. She pretended to be interested in their conversations.