Chapter 1

It was Four in the afternoon and two girls named Nia and Sally decided to hangout. They settled in Nia's house and the first thing they did was play a board game. Sally was prepared to demolish her friend cause if she wins, the loser has to treat them whatever they want. Although, the scenario didn't go as planned as Nia won the game.

"Alright!" Nia yelled in excitement as she beated her friend again in a game "Looks like you'll have to treat me."

"Noooo. Why??" Sally whined. She couldn't believe she lost again. Why was the world so cruel to her?

Sally gave a big sigh and groaned as her friend cheered and celebrated. Sally was very annoyed at the same time not. How could she be mad at her? Nia was beautiful, kind, and smart, she's basically a whole package. It was understandable that she got a boyfriend already but she wished that she didn't. Sally liked Nia, she can't deny that.

"Okay loser, stand up. We're gonna buy some bubble tea and you're paying for it." Her friend snickered.

"Fine."

As she was about to stand, she felt something itchy on her throat. Sally coughed loudly and made her friend jump. Nia gave her a concerned look and asked "Are you okay, Sal?"

"Nah, I'm good. Just some itchy throat."

"You sure? Cause I can go myself if you don't feel well."

"I swear it's fine." Sally insisted on coming, she didn't want Nia to go alone.

The two hopped in Nia's car and drove off. Sally would've driven them there but Nia was worried about her. Nice job, Sally! You made her worry again, how nice, Sally thought.

The drive was quite peaceful. They didn't like having music on as it felt like a distraction and they didn't like that idea. As Nia was driving, Sally was just watching the scenery. Although, she couldn't help but stare at the upper mirror and look at Nia's eyes, fixed on the road. Those beautiful green eyes simply can't be ignored. The silence was cut as Sally started to cough again. This time it was getting more violent. Sally kept coughing and coughing. She tried to hold it in but it just made things worse. Nia had enough and stopped at a nearby gas station. Sally quickly hopped out of the car and ran. She dashed to the women's bathroom and coughed in the sink. Every cough felt painful to her. What is even happening to her? She was completely fine and healthy a while ago.

Soon enough, the coughs subsided. She then looked in the sink and saw how it was bloody and full of small chrysanthemum petals. She took a closer look at it and got scared. Was I coughing out... Chrysanthemum petals?

She looked at the mirror and saw her face, bloody red as if she ate a raw animal. Sally was frightened at the sight, so scared that she stumbled on her own foot and fell down. "Why? Why are there petals?" Sally mumbled.

Her heart was racing, she was confused. But she knew she had to hide this from Nia. So she stood up quickly and started picking up the petals and threw them in the trash can, hiding the evidence. Sally then heard a knock "Hey, are you alright? Can I come in?

"O-oh, wait a sec!" Yelled Sally as she hastily washed her face to hide the blood. She doesn't want Nia to know about this. Not in a hundred years. She opened the door and saw a very worried Nia.

"Dude, I should probably send you back to my place. Your coughs are getting worse."

Sally sighed in defeat and agreed.