Chapter 2

Sally was back home. She thought things would get slightly better but it didn't. She found herself in her bathroom again, all crouched in the floor, her head in the toilet as the coughs kept coming. Her chest was hurting, her throat was in pain, everything hurts now but it doesn't seem to stop. A few minutes later, the coughing had stopped again. She washed herself and flushed the toilet, washing up all the evidence. Sally stood back outside, glad that it was over. She thought things would be slightly better but that wasn't the case. She found herself in the bathroom again, crouched down on the toilet as more blood and petals appeared. She feels exhausted now. Her chest hurts, her throat is in pain, she doesn't even have the energy to move away from the toilet. A while after, she was glad that the coughing subsided. Sally sat on her friend's bed and sighed. She couldn't figure why she was coughing out flower petals, Chrysanthemums to be specific. As she sat there, she heard the door being unlocked but she just ignored it, assuming it was Nia entering. Her guess was right cause she heard her friend call for her.

"Hey, I'm back!" Said Nia.

"Hey. You got the boba?" Asked Sally.

"Oh yeah. I also bought you some medicine, I don't want a sick friend around." Her friend answered as she placed down a plastic bag filled with the bubble tea and medicine. Nia always makes sure she makes her guests feel at home, especially if the person is unwell. As Nia prepares the bubble tea, Sally is on her laptop, attempting to set a doctor's appointment. She tried making it quick so it wouldn't make her worried friend even more worried. Thankfully she was able to set one which was tomorrow. Sally quickly shut the laptop as she heard the door open, leaving Nia feeling suspicious.

"What are you hiding?" Her friend asked suspiciously.

"I-its nothing."

"Oh please, you can't fool me that easily." Nia scoffed. "I don't care if you're watching some sort of porn there. I'm just here to give you this." Nia snickered as she handed the bubble tea and medicine.

"WHAT?! I AM NOT WATCHING PORN. THAT'S JUST LUDICROUS! GROSS." Sally yelled, she couldn't believe that Nia said that. Why in the world would she watch that disgusting crap?

"Stop denying it already! Let me see it then!" Nia joked as she tried tugging the laptop away from Sally.

"NO! Get your dirty mind away from me!" Sally playfully yelled as the two played tug of war with the laptop. Sally successfully won the game and gave her a glare.

Of course Nia laughed at her reaction. She simply couldn't help it. It wasn't long for Sally to join in the laugh, Nia's laugh was contagious. The laughing was interrupted abruptly as Sally began to cough violently again. She didn't want Nia to see so she dashed to the bathroom and locked it immediately. Her friend tried to follow her but she wasn't able to. Sally fell on her knees and coughed in the toilet, more bloody petals appeared.

"Shit! Sal, Are you okay? Let me in please." Nia kept knocking on the door desperately, she wanted to help out but she couldn't, not with that door locked. She winced at the coughing, it was painful even from hearing it.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine." Sally attempted to reply back but unfortunately her coughs prevented her from giving a clear answer.

Nia sat in her living room for what seemed like hours. She couldn't stop looking at the bathroom door and feel concerned. As she waited, the front door opened with Matt, her boyfriend. Matt dropped his stuff and went straight to hug Nia tightly, he had definitely missed her. Matt noticed Nia's mood so he asked "Is there something wrong, babe?"

"It's nothing..." She lied. Or at least tried to but Matt isn't easy to fool.

Matt looked at him and said "You know you can tell me anything right?"

"Well, Sally is here and she was fine earlier. We had so much fun. But then, she started to cough violently. I'm afraid that she could be sick." Nia sighed. "I'm scared to lose her, Matt."

"Oh Nia. Please don't think that way. I know that Sally will be just fine. Maybe she's just feeling under the weather." Matt comforted her and hugged her tighter. "We could take her home so she could rest, if you like?"

"If that's what it takes, then I'll take her home."

"Alright, I love you."

Nia sighed. How did I end up with a loving guy like you? She thought.

"I love you too."

As they snuggled together on the couch, Sally, on the other hand, overheard the conversation. She thought that maybe she should go already, she got nothing much to do there but third wheel the couple. She packed up her stuff and prepped herself, ready to go home. As she stepped in the living room, she saw how the two were huddled up comfortably together. Sally felt the sudden urge to cough again but she tried holding it in. Her friend saw her and stood up "Sally, I had fun today buut I think you should go home, I don't want you to get any worse than this."

"I know, that was my plan anyways."

"Okay, I'll take you back to your place and-" Nia tried offering a ride but was cut by her friend.

"No. It's alright. I can go myself." She smiled hoping it would make her friend less worried.

"Are you sure? I-I mean, you could get worse and you could get lost and-"

"Nia, you're spiralling. I'm fine, okay? I can do just fine."

Her friend sighed in defeat and hugged Sally tightly "Just be safe out there."

"Of course."