Chapter 2: Calibration

The Rulers. It was the game played by those men in the park and It's just one of the many games players can enjoy using AR Glasses. The event we witnessed was their first ever Annual Tournament and the participants were required to dress in character as one of the tournament's requirements for there will be three winners for the Best in Costume aside from the winners of the actual event. 

The game was launched last year in partnership of the three giant companies based in China. Their launching had even created news headlines all around the world as one hundred percent of their audiences that were coming from different countries of elite businessmen and investors, celebrities and some country leaders bought the game and it's set items then and there, and with overwhelmingly positive feedback coming from them.

Due to its accelerating market in a short span of time, they started a tournament in every localities of participating countries this year. I got extremely intrigued so I have been researching about Augmented Reality Glasses after witnessing their live game last month.

One of the spectators there was Pablo, a famous Toutuber known for his game play contents. I was at first shocked to know that he recorded the match using his glasses.

So these gadget is very convenient, you can't just play with it but you can also use it as how smartphones work like texting, calling, recording, web browsing and many more. These glasses have a great potential for dominating the market in the future.

On the video, I can see the actual game that the viewers with the glasses have seen as I specifically watched the match I have witnessed on the park. The magician man was called Elementalist, who was able to control and produce fire as his power, and the star player of the game was a Swordsman named Castro according to the Toutuber. They were the last players remaining on the match called FFA accordingly.

The Elementalist's Ice cream gesture was actually him holding his wizardy staff or magic wand while the Swordsman was holding a glowing sword and there was one time when Castro got slightly hit by the fireball on the leg thrown by the other.

So amazing, to think that even the sound effects of the appearing of the so-called magic circle, the fire, and the destruction of the ground when hit by the fireball,  all can be seen and heard not just by the players but by the spectators with the glasses too. How were those even possible?

I can now appreciate the swordsman's skill who was actually incredible at evading the elementalist's attack, so sorry to feel  embarrassed at the park though, I recalled while rubbing my finger on my cheek about the cringey moment of watching them with my bare eyes .

The gameplay was epic where every spectators and even Pablo the one who recorded the video breathtakingly awaits for the game's results after the player Nijah surprisingly threw another destructive fireball to the fast approaching Castro. But then the Star Player  emerged from the smoke unscathed, sprinting and back tumbling towards his enemy giving one finishing blow. 

The slow motion and editing of the video gave an immense excitement to the video's viewers. And that even caused me to look upon Castro so closely. He's got a jet black hair long enough to cover his brows fluttering with the wind. This man was undoubtedly an athlete giving him clear advantage on the actual combat, versus the elementalist who relied solely on his magic.

According to their official website, the game "The Rulers' " main objective was to search for the ultimate ruler among the rulers or the best players among the best. They were called Rulers because every player can gain or form followers or soldiers that can help them on many aspects. Every year's winners on each country will receive cash price and will play internationally.

I'm so glad to discover this new recreational activity. It's like my childhood dream was awakened where the world was full of adventures. Unlike traditional video games, this technology gives every player the freedom to roam around, the device was even lighter and more convenient to use. Another enjoyable way to exercise and maybe finally I can use this as a ladder to socialize properly.