Chapter 4: Generous

"Oh, so you only hate them?"

Surprised with SAIA's question, I pondered, was it hatred that I was feeling all this time? I always have this notion in me that I wanted to blame someone and some things from what happened before.

"SAIA is confused, if you hate them then you're not afraid of them, if you're not afraid of them, why aren't you fighting?" 37%... 34%...

Yes I hated it that I lost them. I hated it that I can't do anything "But.." thinking of that horrible scene made me sick.

"I don't know why you seemed angry or afraid, but won't you even try? Knowing you have the chance of winning?"

I opened my eyes after realizing that this time I can do something. I'm afraid, yes but the feeling I was feeling all this time might not be because of fear but might be of regret and helplessness.

"...yeah you're right." I said to SAIA. This time I'm not helpless, I was given the chance to fight now. Why would I be triggered with just a game? They're not even real compared from the crowd before. I just have to enjoy this moment and start to learn from here.

I stabbed the zombies crawling towards me and the one on my left who was about to eat me, repeatedly until they died then I stood up. Now even my phobia can't stop me from enjoying the game.

  "Come all of you baldies!!" Let me take it out to all of you. I yelled excitedly while unknowingly showing menace on my face. I pulled another arrow and held it like holding a knife.

I think I saw the zombies flinched for a moment like they understood my maniacal bloodlust.

I clumsily jumped towards the sea of them and used my bow as I spun to create a space between me and the monsters and gave them a fair damage, oblivious to the fact that the bow has started to form a crack.

"Skill Spin unlocked "

Then I stabbed the nearest zombie within reach on each eye and it died, smashed another fallen zombies on their heads and another two pixelated. As I kept on attacking, the rate at which monsters died kept on rising together with my diminishing life.

Twenty-one zombies remained yet another one has started to emerge again.

Towards the portal I ran and pulled the hand of the incoming zombie then threw it to the others. "You know that I hate it when it's very crowded." I went on a rampage and smashed all of them enjoying the moment of freedom of finally releasing everything.

"It's been awhile since the last time I felt this way.." I said while panting and smirking like a madman and as my bow's crack got bigger and bigger.

"You even attempted to take it away again!" I hit another zombie on my side and their number reached to three, and then two, until one last zombie was left.

"... finally! Finally got the chance to have my revenge on the crowd!.." the last zombie fell as though conscious to have witnessed my wrath.

"...Eat this!!!" As I smashed the bow to the zombie's mouth the monster died and my bow finally shattered and evaporated like pixel sparkles together with the last zombie.

"M-my bow?" I uttered in confusion.

"Advanced Bow Tutorial complete. Congratulations!" A dramatic sound effects together with the sound of coins played together with SAIA's announcement of her congratulations.

"Wait? So it would break just like normal things in the world when used improperly?" I added while scratching my head.

"You leveled up, Current Level 2."

"Yipee!" Almost totally forgotten in an instant what happened after the good news.

"Mission Drops 100 small gold coins."