Chapter 6: An Old Letter

After checking the Archery Workshop outside and eating lunch with Mom, I hurriedly went upstairs to log in and do another game.

But before jumping to any action, I remembered I still have something in my inventory that I have yet to open. 

"Open Inventory."

Under Weapon's category there are the femur bow, bone arrows and wooden arrows. I took the femur bow and equipped it. Next the bone arrows and used it too.

But the moment I equipped both of them something strange happened. I can hear the cries of zombies in my head, as if they were in agony so I immediately removed the bone arrows and the crying stopped.

I tried to equip it once more and the crying of agony started again. This must be a bug or the warning given by the item not to use it if required strength was not met.

I currently have a 400 strength, the femur bow needs 400 strength too and that's enough for me to use it. The bone arrows requirement was only 200 so there's no problem for me supposedly if I use it. 

But if using them accumulates the total required number of strength then I can't use both of them at the same time as their combined strength would become 600.

So I removed the bone arrows and decided to use the wooden arrows instead for the time being until the bug is gone or if my understanding is right until  I've got enough strength already.

The Gears' Category is empty where the bone amulet was previously located since I have equipped it already, 44 drops of Zombie Blood is still there under the Ingredients Category and…. there you are under Others' Category, an Old Letter.

The Old letter literally looked so old in the picture. I dug my hand and took the item named An old letter out of the inventory.

▪️Read the letter?

<Yes>

<Throw>

<Later>

A system message appeared asking what to do with the letter. According to SAIA, there are many items in the game that can be traded or thrown away directly if the players want to.

Those items will be thrown at the environment like virtual trashes and if there are players who find items around, they can pick it up and use them. Just wow okay, this is game is just so realistic.

But my question is, what if there are too much trash in the virtual world of The Rulers? How would the players deal with the trashes? Will it become like the real world full of pollution?

All of my items in the inventory have the same options too like my weapons and my amulet but the trade part is still grayed out as I have not reached the level yet where I'm allowed to trade, the only option I have is to throw them out. But I would not do that, they are too precious for me.

Back to system message.

▪️Read the letter?

<Yes>

<Throw>

<Later>

I chose yes as an answer, of course.

Gradually, my surrounding's color has started to change to a bright orange and I can hear a crackling sound all around like a sound of fire burning so I took a look around of the hellish surrounding.

The game brought me to a virtual reality. My room was nowhere to be seen and all I can see was a complete different place. Houses and buildings are burning everywhere, smoke are rising that I can't almost never see clearly.