6. ❀ Opposites (Sasha Waybright)

Written: September 20,2021
Published: October 20, 2021
Last revisions: October 20, 2021

A flawed experimental oneshot! :)

——

Sasha always wondered why this little nobody never piqued an interest to her. Let alone all the parties she've thrown. She kept trying to be friends with her and make her like her. But (Y/n) of the arts club never batted an eye on her.

Thus she sat there. Her eyes drilled holes on a person's back at the far end of the cafeteria; and her friends are getting more and more concerned for her since the past few days.

"Hey... Sash. Maybe one person doesn't like you- but everyone in the class does! That shouldn't be a big deal.. right?" Marcy shares a glance at Anne who nods in return, and they both glanced at Sasha with a sheepish smile.

"Yes. It does." She mutters with such conviction as she scrapes her kitchen knife on her plate, earning a wince from Marcy. "And she is going to like me, whether she wants to or not."

In finality, Sasha stood up from her seat and marched towards the person at the far back. With a blink of an eye Sasha's bitter demeanor faded and she smiled at her and batted her eyes. "Hey (Y/n)!" She drawled on in a sweetened voice as she slipped on the bench in front of her.

"So I was thinking," she leaned forward to rest her face on her hands and watched the other with beaming eyes. "Maybe you can come to my party tomorrow. The whole class will be there, it's going to be so much fun!"

Despite the overflowing excitement and friendliness Sasha was pouring, the person in question didn't reciprocate it. (Y/n) stared at her, for a minute or two until a small polite smile lifted up from her face.

"Oh.." an awkward laugh rumbled off her chest as she placed her sandwich down on the tray. Sasha watched her with great interest and strained smile, she don't think she'd be able to contain herself if the answers she gets is another-

"Sorry Sasha, that's very nice of you and all but I don't think I can-"

"REALLY?!"

At the outburst Sasha growled out, the whole cafeteria silenced and looked at them. Watching their every move with curiosity. But Sasha couldn't pay them any attention, for all she can see is the person in front of her. The same person who is incredibly startled by her.

"I mean seriously? I'm out here, trying to be nice to you and this is what you're going to give back to me? You're unbelievable."

Like a sharp edge, (Y/n)'s voice cuts through, pausing her in her step right then and there. "Okay fine! If I say yes, will you leave me alone?"

And in an instant, a prideful smile curls on her lips and she turns to her. "Now that wasn't so hard was it? See you at the party (Y/n)!" She cooed and fanned her hands, "Oh this is going to be so much fun!"

After she gets down from her little celebration, she notices all the eyes on her. "What are you staring at? Mind your own business you twerps!"

——

(Y/n) couldn't recognize the songs blasting from the all too many speakers, but one thing for certain it was so loud. If this was the meaning of 'fun' she don't think she understands it.

Wave of strangers upon strangers weaved and shoved past her. They cheered and hollered as they danced along the music, and (Y/n) could only slip away as she took comfort on the sidelines.

Where it's little quiet and not too crowded.

She sinks to the floor, her knees to her chest and she pulls out a small pocket sized notebook to rest on her knee with a pen in hand to scribble.