5. ❀ Autumn Leaves Fall (Wirt)

╔═══════ ∘◦ ❉ ◦∘ ══════╗

Warning : slight angst.

Requested by : TrippedOverTheGardenWall

╚═══════ ∘◦ ❉ ◦∘ ══════╝

━━━༻❁༺━━━

One day things were different. Everyday she was filled with happiness from head to toe, a smile was always plastered on her face even by the smallest things he used to spoke to her. "I love you dearly," he used to say when all along it has been the complete opposite.

She rubbed the bare spot on her ring finger.

If he loved her how come it was so easy for him to let go? He gave up on her so easily while she has been fighting for him from the start to finish, it was unfair. She gave him all she has, wasn't already enough? Is she not enough?

How come she never saw this coming? from his 'late works', the long strands of brunette hair stuck on the collar of his shirt, and not to mention how he reeks the smell of feminine perfume the moment he got home; heck, their house doesn't even feel like home anymore.

The moment she wake up, the space beside her were already vacant. No goodbyes, no telling of wherever he was going, no nothing. He disappears like a ghost, when you blink he's already gone before you knew it and whenever she would talk to him about it; it ended up into endless shouting of different strands of arguments

A tear rolled down her eye as she wiped it away and sucked in a shaky breath.

She was dumb to even believe in him in the first place. When he suggested going in their separate ways, she didn't even think twice to say yes. It hurts, it really does, but it would only break her if she continued to convince herself that he loves her when clear in his eyes that it's already been set to somebody else.

They just finished all the paperworks to file a divorce, and now they're only waiting for the end of the state's waiting period. She just got back from the apartment, taking back all her shares and seeing him wasn't exactly overwhelming so she decided to settle in whatever her feet brings her.

Pulling her sling bag close to her, she tilted her head slightly and noticed that her feet managed to carry her to the park. A smile went up to her face at the sight of pine trees looming over a swing set, she calmly walked towards it and plopped herself down the swing.

It emitted a loud creak but somehow it was strong enough to hold a twenty eight year old currently divorced woman. She snickered slightly at the thought and rummaged through her bag and pulled out a book, 'Milk and Honey', she let her fingertips brush on the black cover with a small smile on her face.

This book portrayed her feelings so well that it was almost unbelievable, her fingers slid through the pages in a feathery light manner and turned it to her current bookmark.

She heard a few footsteps sharing a few distances away from her peaceful form.

Unbeknownst to her, the unknown person smiled at the sight of her book and have taken clear note of the wistful look in her eyes.