4. ❀ The World's Okay-est Crying Shoulder (Hiro)

╔═══════ ∘◦ ❉ ◦∘ ══════╗

Warning: Fluff.

Not a request.

╚═══════ ∘◦ ❉ ◦∘ ══════╝

━━━༻❁༺━━━

(Y/n) stared at her report card with a frown. Lately, she've been bothered how her scores never improved and stayed the same, how she felt like what she was doing wasn't enough. Her parents was never the type to be pushy and strict about her grades, they were fine with what she gets as long as she doesn't fail. But she doesn't. She doesn't want this score, she wanted more, heck- she expected more.

Subconsciously, a tear rolled down her cheek which she immediately brushed off with a sniffle; she threw her card on her desk quite harshly and stood up from her seat. She dove on her bed face first and turned around to lay down on her back instead.

She stayed there for a while, just staring at the wall as her tears continuously fell from her eyes- well until her phone begin to ring continuously with an annoying ringtone that her best friend must've placed; her hand rubbed her face in aggravation while the other grabbed the phone and declined it.

The phone rung once again which she did the same to, then later again and again which she soon got tired of and checked the caller.

CALLING
Gummy Nerd

She groaned and declined once again; soon enough, it rang but not with a phone call but a text; she lifted it up and had the urge to let the darkness swallow her whole. Great, now he's coming over and would surely make fun of her for crying over her grades. It's not like he'll understand anyways, he's a damn prodigy.

Her eyelids begin to feel heavy from crying too much that she decided that a nap wouldn't hurt.... Until there was knocking on her door that jolted her awake, she can hear it opening and someone stepping inside. She didn't bother turning around to see who it was.

"Jeez, you look horrible." the bed shifted indicating he sat down at the edge; she only lifted up her covers until it covered her like a cocoon. She can imagine that look of concern behind that cocky facade of his. "Seriously (Y/n) what's up? You don't even want to talk to your best friend about it?" she clenched her eyes closed as she can clearly see the pout from his tone.

Once she didn't answer, it was silent for a few minutes which felt like hours that she thought he already left; so she slightly lowered her covers and saw him eyeing her card. There was no point in avoiding him and she knew it. She sat up, lowered the covers to rest on her hips and fumbled around with her sweater sleeves. She can't even look him in the eyes, he'll definitely call her stupid for-

Within a blink of an eye, she was pulled into a warm embrace. She was taken back at first until she loosened up and buried her face on his shoulder. "You know I'm bad at this kind of stuff right?" a laugh rumbled off his chest as he awkwardly patted her back, "But.. It's not really you to be this sad and miserable and I hate it when you do that." he broke away but his hands remained on her shoulders.

He offered her an ever so comforting smile which she returned, "Thanks nerd, I really appreciate it." she wanted to say 'thanks for coming even though I'm an ass for not answering your calls.' so bad but she decided against it. Hiro must've noticed this that he rose an eyebrow expectantly which she shook her head at, "Nah, It-It's nothing." she watched in confusion as he grinned goofily.

He grabbed her hand and pulled her up on her feet, "I think I got something that will cheer you up.." he paused for a second in thought, "I guess?" he asked himself and shrugged. He pulled out something from his pocket and held out a bag of cute little cookies, "Aunt Cass wanted me to make you come over but you wouldn't answer so.. I came over instead."

She eyed the cookies and felt a smile creeping up on her face, she took it and inspected it closely. The cookies were made in different shapes like hearts, circles, triangles, diamonds and of course, cats. "These are really cute! Tell Aunt Cass I said thanks." she walked towards her bedside table and placed it inside the drawer to eat later.

"Yeah, sure." he shoved his hands inside his pockets as always, "Hey Hiro.." she trailed off which he hummed at, her hands lingered on the drawer's small knob so is her gaze, she closed her eyes and mustered up her confidence, she faced Hiro with a smile. "Thanks for.. y'know, coming over and comforting me. I never thought I needed it until you did." she walked towards him until she was close enough; his ears seemingly reddened at this as he rubbed his nape awkwardly, "I-It's nothing, you should know already that I worry a lot." he didn't meet her eyes. He was embarrassed.

What? Mr. Toughie doesn't want to be seen soft and sweet? She understand that they don't really say 'mushy' things to each other, let alone flattering stuff like the one she just said and when they do it's very rare.

A laugh rumbled off her lips as she held out her hands and engulfed him into a tight hug, "C'mere you nerd!" she run her fingers through his messy locks, he tend to pretend he hates it whenever she plays around with his hair but she knew it was quite the opposite.

Hiro chuckled and sheepishly hugged back; seriously- this dork can get really nervous whenever she shows her gratitude through physical contact. He's too awkward!

━━━༻❁༺━━━

A/N:

I'm sorry if it's short, I've been terribly upset lately.