«« Chapter 4 »»

Hey Guys!!!!

The fourth chapter of the story.

Happy Reading!!

◤----------------------------------------------------------◥

-- Flashback --

One month after the marriage. 

"Mom, I can not. I just can not do this." Hardik practically screams.

"Hardik!"

"No mom, until now I have never refused you. Today, you need to listen to me, please try to understand, that is not some thing I can do. This is what I want, what I can do."

"But Hardik-"

"No If's and but's, Mom." Hardik raises his hand, silencing his mom.

"What will I say?" Mrs. Rajbanshi questions her son. Dis- tress was clear on her face and tone.

"I do not know that, all I know is that I am not doing that any more. I want this, and only this. My decision is final." he says, finality in his tone and expression.

A knock on the door stops the intense staring, and the mother- son duo turn to the door to find Anika standing there, a tray of tea in her hands.

"Come in, beta." Mrs. Rajbanshi says as Atharva looks away.

"Ma, I had a question." Anika says as she hands the cup of tea to her mother- in- law.

"Ask it beta."

"You know that he does not consider me as a wife, right?" Anika questions and Hardik's head snaps towards her.

Taking a shaky breath, Mrs. Rajbanshi nods.

"Then why? What is the problem with us living in different rooms. It would be easier for both of us." Anika tries to convince her mother- in- law.

"But beta-"

"What difference does it make?" Anika questions again. "No point of staying in same room if we are just being unknown room mates."

"I ... I do not know." Mrs. Rajbanshi sighs.

"I do not mind this arrangement, Ma. Let him live alone." Anika says.