chapter 01 : First meeting

Today was going to be a good day , yoon hee knew that much .

It has been long since it hasn't rained , the spring air knocked on her door with the flower scents brushing her nostrils ; she could only welcome it .

The ray of sunshine creeping between the curtains of her room only reminded her why April was her favorite month .

After stretching and yawning a bit yoon hee rose from her bed and decided to open her curtains , it blinded her a bit in the beginning but when her eyes got used to it she looked around and hummed a random melody happily , looking out of her wall-sized glass window she could see their garden and some of her favorite planted flowers already blossoming .

She was still trying to get used to living in this villa , she only got it recently .

She used to live in a humble apartment but the neighbors weren't as half as kind as she wished they were , even though she was only good to them but being a single mom with no husband was worth gossiping about in their eyes . And that's why the first thing she did when she had a successful investment was buy this house to provide a simpler , more-at-peace environment for her daughter .

She washed her face , brushed her teeth , slightly brushed her long silky red hair and put it into a ponytail , she wore one of her favorite black leggings and a light blue sweatshirt (just because the sun was shining didn't mean it was hot outside) , she put on a bit of sun cream and lip gloss . She was never the one to wear much makeup , always the one too simple whether her bank account was at zero or at millions .

Just when she stepped out of her room she could smell the scent of fresh made pancakes , the red haired didn't like having a maid she liked having her privacy more than anything , she would only hire someone to help her from time to time to clean the rooms she never uses which weren't much .

That's why when she stepped into the kitchen she saw rona wearing her school uniform and having her cooking apron carefully rapped around her to not stain her clothes .

" Ummm " yoon hee hummed loudly announcing her presence .

Her daughter put down the last pancake into a plate and turned around careful to not drop the two plates in her hands .

" good morning , eomma " rona smiled brightly at her mom .

Yoonhee returned the smile and headed to their fridge to bring some fresh fruits and whipped cream , looking around she noticed that rona has already made her coffee and hot chocolate for herself .

" good morning to you too . When did you wake up ? Have you slept well ? " yoonhee asked brightly .

" I did sleep well , I was tired yesterday so I slept really early that's why I woke up before you " rona replied while decorating her plate .

" So this breakfast is pure kindness " raising her eyebrow yoonhee teased her daughter knowing that there was a small hidden motivation .

" Um yes of course . I'm just that good of a daughter you know " Rona replied puffing her cheeks and the two of them laughed at how silly she looked .

Yoon hee smiled sincerely . She would go through all the hardships she had to endure all over again without feeling one bit of pain if it meant her daughter would be waiting for her on the other side . Times like these reminded her that it was all for a reason .

" But " rona started grabbing her mother's attention " Can you not drive me to school today ? "

" Why ? " yoonhee asked feeling curious to her daughter's sudden request .