11 | Lost!

You were only working on repairing Alix’s watch for about two minutes, before a lot of screaming interrupted you; you peeked over past the wall, and froze at the sight of an akumatized Alix. Ducking down again, you began to hyperventilate, the terrified shrieks of your peers filling the air.

Fuck, where did you go wrong?

Oh, right. When you moved to this godforsaken city.

Your eyesight blurred, and your hands quivered with nerves, as you desperately continued to slip the pieces in the watch together. Though you weren't experienced with this type of thing, you'd made considerable progress, slipping the tiny cogs into place with the various utilities hidden within your pocket knife.

"And what do you think you're doing?" you froze, when you heard Alix's voice, from right behind you.

With a shriek, you rolled away, and managed to dodge her hand; without a second thought, you started running away, tripping over yourself to get inside the school.

"Oh no you don't! My watch is broken because of you!"

Fuck, this had been exactly what you'd been scared of.

She wasn't really wrong, though…

So, like any mentally stable person, you ran; except you weren’t mentally stable, so you basically jumped over the steps and went tumbling over to the garden, still clutching at her watch. Around you, were your classmates, frozen in time, slowly fading away — fucking shit, this was awful, it felt like a nightmare — where could you even go? Would you have to fight her? And even after that, how were you supposed to break Hawkmoth’s influence over her?

Way too many questions. You’d deal with what to do afterwards.

Glancing behind you for a moment, you could see that Ladybug and Chat Noir had finally shown up, which caused you to let out a sigh of relief, before you continued to run away from the school. The best you could do for now was to get as far away from any other people as possible, since she was after you. If you could maybe fix the watch while the other two superheroes kept Alix occupied, then perhaps you could get her to calm down? You didn’t know if that was possible to do for akumatized people, but it was the only plausible option in your mind at the moment.

There! — that unsuspecting, deserted cafe would do for now. You rushed inside, ignoring the way the bored, black young man, presumably in his early twenties, at the counter stared at you in surprise.

Salut?” he stuttered, as you slumped down in the nearest chair, and placed the watch in your pocket on the table in front of you.

Please listen,” you instructed, holding up your index finger at him, “I am currently in the middle of saving Paris from another batshit villain, and I need to fix this watch. If you want to help, a hot chocolate would be nice.

The man looked blankly at you for a moment, before stiffly moving over to the fridge at the back of the shop, and taking out the milk, preparing to make the drink you’d requested. You let out a long sigh, before taking out your swiss army knife again, and deciding to use the bottle opener from its many utilities to reconstruct what was left of the messy wheels inside the watch.

While you were busy being an amateur engineer, you could hear the side of Chat Noir and Ladybug fighting outside, a good distance away; you didn’t pay it much mind, although the guy behind the counter was clearly shaken, as he slowly poured hot chocolate into a cup for you.