30 | Ain't It Fun

"I'm here! So glad you asked to help, considering my experience with dealing with the police!" Lucinda cried out, waving dramatically at you, as she rushed over to you and Chloé. "Who's this?" she smiled warmly at Chloé, as she finally arrived outside the Starbucks near the school.

Chloé wrinkled her nose; she was dressed in her Queen Bee outfit, but had discarded the mask and hair accessories, and this did make her feel less awful so… maybe she wouldn't be completely rude to this girl.

Besides, this girl was… pretty.

"I'm Queen Bee," she stated, folding her arms, and leaning on one leg sassily. "Who are you?"

"Wait… the rich girl who almost crashed the train?" Lucinda asked cluelessly, scratching the back of her head.

You winced, and gave Chloé an awkward grin, "Please give us a minute." You then took Lucinda aside, and whispered, "Look, before you think we're protecting a spoiled, rich girl… she's more than that."

"Oh? How so? Is she willing to give one percent of her daddy's money to some charity?" Lucinda spoke loudly, with no intention of hiding her thoughts from the blonde behind you.

Chloé flinched slightly, and bristled defensively, "How dare you—!"

"Chloé, don't," you interrupted firmly. "Lucinda has a point. As well as proving yourself, you need to recognise that you're privileged; you're working with two people at the bottom of the rung here."

Lucinda nodded in agreement, "I don't know much about you, but I know enough. You can ring anybody's bell and get what you want, can't you? It's a bit more complicated where we're from."

Chloé frowned, and contemplated it — she knew you weren't from a financially stable family. She was used to looking down on those who were less fortunate than her, but once again, that was her mother's actions she was emulating.

Deep down, she had a grudging respect for those who were in the working class, despite not knowing much about them. She wanted to be like them, hardworking and resilient; but she'd need to work on herself before anything else. Maybe with your help, she could do that.

(Perhaps even convince her father to raise the minimum wage while she was at it. You'd "casually" mentioned the idea to her before.)

So, she swallowed her pride, and admitted, "I know nothing about what it's like to be in your position, but… I hope we can find a way to work together." It was difficult for Chloé to say, the words coming out of her mouth felt like a betrayal of her mother.

But Lucinda's small, accepting smile told her enough. "If you mean that, then I'm on board." Lucinda then turned to you, and asked, "Right, what's the plan? We can't just go in, we need a strategy."

"Which is why I've recruited one more helping hand," you explained, gesturing to the cafe behind you.

As if on cue, John burst out of the double doors, with a triumphant grin. "Let's gut some bitches!" he exclaimed, holding up a large knife he'd stolen from the kitchen of the coffee shop.

"John, we're not gonna need that," you held up a hand weakly, as Lucinda's eyes widened fearfully, and Chloé jumped behind you, with a shriek, for protection.

You allocated the pipes to both you and Chloé, as defensive weapons, since Lucinda was already armed with her umbrella, and John had his knife — well, no, actually he had just borrowed one of those extendable lightsabers from his brother. Then, you set off towards the city hall, which John had found out where the mayor was, by checking social media; Chat Noir also seemed to be there, as well as Audrey Bourgeois for some reason.