06, rumour has it

( 𝒔𝒊𝒙, rumour has it

( 𝒔𝒊𝒙, rumour has it. )

AURORA STILINSKI HAD BEEN MINDING HER OWN BUSINESS, WHEN SHE REALISED THAT THE HOUSE WAS QUIET.

𝗧𝗢𝗢 𝗤𝗨𝗜𝗘𝗧. 𝗜𝗧 wasn't unusual for Kai to sometimes be outside alone when it wasn't for groceries or other chores - but it was never to the point where Aurora was having the same feeling as she was when she first arrived here. And after a while, she got tired from reading in languages she had no clue about in the books she was able to find, so she walked out the door, not bothering to close it and stuffed her hands in the pockets of one of Kai's jackets trying to find the boy.

Aurora never really went to the more suburban side of town, where the houses and the school was - it reminded her too much of home and Stiles, and she just couldn't handle the thought of not being able to go back to all that she loved. But as time went by and she figured that she couldn't live here worrying about a life that was probably all well now without her. And so, with every click of her shoes on the concrete, calling out for her roommate in this hell, she found herself outside of what would be the minimart she and Kai got her food from.

"Kai!" She called out. And yet she got no answer from him. She walked closer to the shop when she heard a noise coming from the other side of the parking lot. "Kai, you're not funny - the whole stalker joke ended a long time ago."

"Damon?" Another voice called out, one that was most definitely not the boy Aurora had been living with. "I seriously think that there's more peop-" A girl with short black hair came into view and Aurora jumped back, a blue car behind her stopping her from falling. "You're not Damon," Bonnie whispered.

"No - umm, what, who - I don't understand - who are you?" Aurora stumbled out. It took all her strength to just not cry and hug the other girl - who looked as if she was experiencing the same feelings too.

"I'm Bonnie Bennet."
"I'm Aurora Stilinski."

"How - how long have you been here?" The Bennett witch asked, taking a brave step forward - wondering where the hell Damon was so she could laugh in his stupidly smug face.

"A while, but umm - how long have you been here - I'm sorry this- this is a lot to handle," Aurora awkwardly started to laugh.

"4 months, but I have a friend somewhere - Damon - he's just not here right now," Bonnie explained, breathing out a weak laugh.

"Wait a minute - you've been here for 4 months and you haven't seen anybody else around here?" Aurora found it weird that when two people have been in the same town as her and Kai - longer then they had stayed in Mystic Falls - that Kai didn't meet them at all. But then she started to think.

"I mean - I kept think that someone was following us but-"

And it all clicked.

Just like how he'd been following her in Beacon Hills he'd been doing the same here. But for what. In the time that she'd kind of known Kai's nature - especially with knowledge of what he did back in the real world - he always had a plan and if he didn't tell her about two other people who could've helped them get home - then he knows something she doesn't.