04, chum bucket

( 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓, chum bucket

( 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓, chum bucket. )

AS MUCH AS AURORA DIDN'T WANT TO ADMIT IT, SHE COULDN'T HELP BUT FEEL RELIEVED THAT THERE WAS SOMEONE ELSE TO SHARE HER MISERY.

𝗞𝗔𝗜 𝗪𝗔𝗦𝗡'𝗧 𝗛𝗘𝗥 first choice of company, but he was different than all her friends back home. He knew what was happening in his life - he knew about magic, he knew about his powers, about his skills. Kai felt no different, except that she was everything he'd prayed for and more. She was kind, and not wanting to get away from him even after that whole - slightly - kidnapping event.

He didn't tell her yet about the having no magic thing quite yet, he just wanted to have some fun before the truth inevitable would come out. Ironically, Kai had made Scott's present house, home in 1994. That wasn't going to cause any problems in the future of course. The two became children, they forgot where they were, how they got here, all their problems. Running through streets, breaking into everyone's houses.

Days past by, weeks, maybe even months, but no one kept count, it was a never ending day of fun. Aurora, now named 'Rora by Kai, was with Kai up on the roof of Beacon Hills High School, they decided that they were going to sleep under the stars tonight. Aurora had never seen the stars up so close. While she knew that Stiles and her dad would want her to make the best out of any situation, she'd felt bad that they were probably worried about her, and here she was safe and sound.

She still didn't know the exact anatomy of this place but all she knew was that she was in 1994 and her family was in the future. For all she knew, she could've passed by her brother while walking one day, and she didn't even realise it. What the hell was she doing?

"What are you thinking about?" Kai murmured. He liked when she spoke, her voice was sweet,  and he liked the noise. He was afraid she was going to disappear if he closed eyes and all of this would've been a dream or he's really scummed to the loneliness that he's desperate enough to imagine a person.

"Do you wanna get out of here?" she whispered, staring up at the sky. "Just out out of Beacon Hills, I mean we can go anywhere we want."

"Are you sure?"
"Yeah, do you know how to drive?"

"I've been here for 18 years, I know how to drive, 'Rora," he laughed, but the Stilinski girl kept quiet. "Where'd you wanna go?"

"Anywhere."
"We'll just get into the car and drive."
"That sound's nice."
"You sound tired, go to sleep."

"Hypocrite," she mutters, turning to her side, her back facing him, hands under her pillow as she closed her eyes and slept to the sound of his breathing, like a lullaby putting her to sleep.