|☆|Chapter 7|☆|

The next morning was quite busy. Angel had to rush herself to get ready for her "important diplomatic task", as she had called it. Within 10 minutes before the sun-dial landed on the 7, she left. The flight to the meeting spot, alone, would take at the very least 2-3 hours. Gazzy and Nudge also had to split. Nudge had to teach communications earlier than usual, and Gazzy had to go help with some malfunctioning architecture among the cliff sides. 

Max also wasn't spared from the sudden demand for assistance. She was needed in the aquatic meeting hall of their domain. So, by around 8 or so, Max had left with only half of a piece of jerky in her mouth. Fang had been spared from this whole ordeal, and had taken the liberty of making a small breakfast for himself. Iggy on the other hand, had slept in for once. Never being needed for anything other than cooking and the occasional cleaning. 

Fang eventually decided to go wake Iggy, bringing a small bowl of sun-dried boar jerky up with him. After knocking on the door, Fang began to munch mindlessly on a piece from the bowl. He thought back to the night previous, when Iggy had fallen asleep against his shoulder. How Fang had to practically carry him up and into his room. The corner of Fang's lips twitched, savoring the memory as he waited.

Iggy let out a groan, being a somewhat light sleeper any time he slept in after 8 or 9 am. Begrudgingly getting up, he rubbed his face as if to rid himself of sleep. "What do you want Fang, I'm trying to sleep here" He said with frustration. Fang let out a laugh, "That's rich coming from the insomniac himself. Besides, how could you tell it was me?" Iggy trudged over to the door and pulled it open, "You have a distinct knock, simple as that". He brushed past Fang as he carefully guided himself towards the stairs, "Anyways, beside that main tell-tale sign, I could also smell you from beyond the barrier of the door.

Fang gasped, feigning hurt and betrayal, "How could you be so heartless! And to think I had brought you breakfast!" Iggy scoffed and began to shuffle down the stairs. "Are you trying to smooth things over with food? I'm not Max" Iggy remarked, brushing off his antics as purely idiotic. Fang gasped again, even more dramatically. He threw a hand over his mouth, then slowly lowered it. 

"Iggy, that's sexist!" Fang whispered rather loudly. Groaning, Iggy shook his head, "How is that sexist? I'm just telling you not to assume that I am a sucker for food. Granted, I do get joyful when presented with food. Unless I am the one that makes it. Then I am not as filled with joy. Also, I am just using Max as an example. So no, I am not being sexist. That's just your perspective."

Fang felt as though his soul had left his body. You see, Iggy was not as talkative or as charismatic as most of the flock members. But he could always give a verbal beat down if he wanted or needed to. Fang, in this instance, had received one of them. Few could ever recover, given whatever level of severity the verbal beat down was. He'll be fine.....probably.

}¤{}¤{}¤{}¤{}¤{}¤{}¤{}¤{}¤{}¤{}¤{}¤{

|☆|End Of Chapter 7|☆|