Chapter 7.

"You again?!?" Andoria asked.

"It's Prince Brearn," He informed her and Andoria turned pale as a ghost.

"You are marrying Prince Brearn," Andoria remembered Queen Nalia saying.

"Brearn...?" Andoria asked, refusing to believe it.''

"Oh sorry, I meant king," Brearn corrected.

Suddenly, guards surrounded them and two of them grabbed Sheira's hands.

"LET GO OF ME!" Sheira screamed as she tried strangling out of their grip.

"I'm sorry if I hurt you, but I can't let you hurt my friend," Andoria sternly said.

"Really?" Brearn asked.

Andoria then tried landing a punch on his chest, but he blocked it. He then managed a kick but Andoria grabbed it and twisted it. He then fell onto the floor.

"Huh, you didn't go easy on me," Andoria noted, keeping Brearn on the floor.

"Yeah, you are an enemy," He pointed out. "You laid hands on royalty itself, you could get a death sentence."

"No," Andoria answered. "Normally men go easy on me because of my gender. You were actually looking at me like a real opponent."

"Just because you are a woman, doesn't mean you are weak,"

Andoria smiled and without warning, he pushed Andoria and she landed on the floor.

"Now, tell me, darling," He said darkly. "Who are you?"

He mused. "I think I can guess. A beauty with black hair and blue eyes. Didn't fit the description of a princess, but I could guess why you are like this."

"What nonsense are you talking about? Princess?!" Andoria lied.

"Stop acting, most people don't have eyesight like mine," He said. "I saw the crown while you were talking to the mermaid."

Andoria turned pale.

"You have no idea how long I searched for you," He sighed.

Andoria then spits and he turned around.

"I will never marry you," Andoria angrily said as she stood up when he got distracted.

He laughed. "Marry? We are already married, I've been looking for you to divorce you."

"Did you know I was forced to marry you too? I didn't demand a marriage," He asked. "Let's have a chat, shall we?"

He gave his hand and Andoria grabbed his hand and got up fully. "We are a married couple anyway."

***

"You plan to murder the queen and force your sisters to abdicate?" He asked and laughed as he and Andoria sat on a log near the river. "Really?"

"You think I can't do it?" Andoria asked with a grumble.

"With such little people, yes," He replied.

"That's why I'm going to hand myself in, get myself in the palace," She confessed. "There are fewer guards inside the dungeon than outside of the palace. Instead of fighting our way in, they can let an enemy in without knowing."

"Yeah, you're right..."

Andoria's eyes darkened. "So, will you ruin my plan and arrest me?"

Brearn paused for a while.

"Let me join you," He answered. "I've built the 2nd highest empire, what the Sterulia queen does is horrendous. I need to change it. I will start a war sooner or later."

"The queen wants you dead so that she can set up her first daughter with me," He explained. "She will gladly take you into the Sterulia empire, only thinking of ways to kill you. She won't even have a hint of suspicion."

"You just called me an enemy," She pointed out. "Now you want to be involved in my plan?"

"You are the perfect key," He said and then added. "And my wife."

She giggled "Your wife?!"

He stayed silent.

"Deal, I'll divorce you when I become the queen of Sterulia," She assured him.

"O-oh yeah," He answered.

Do I still want a divorce? He thought. I wouldn't mind having someone like her as my empress. You don't find royalty like hers every century.

"Come on, let's go train," She got up and walked away.

***

MONTHS LATER

"YOU CAN USE MAGIC WITH A BOW?!" He shouted as he was tied up to a tree.

"Yes, see how amazing I am?" She proudly answered.

"Did you have to tie me up?!" Brearn asked.

"Yes," She replied. "You would immediately snatch my bow and run away!"

"WE BOTH KNOW YOU ARE FASTER THAN ME!" He protested.

***

"I'll see you guys later!" Andoria said and waved.

"Be safe okay...?" Brearn asked.

"Yes! We can do this!" She proudly promised.

"I'll be behind you if you need anything," Dior informed her.

"Don't get distracted by fancy things!" Sheira added.

"Uh-huh, I'm going now," Andoria said and ran to the castle.

Suddenly, a bush rustled near Sheira, Dior, and Brearn.

Brearn then walked to the bush and grabbed a soldier by his armor.

"Traitor," He muttered.

"P-please have mercy!" The soldier pleaded. "The queen forced me to do this, I had no choice!"

"That lie doesn't add up, I don't care about your excuses," He darkly answered.

"B-But didn't you say she's an enemy and you would divorce her?" He stammered. "Why would someone like you care?"

"She's my partner, we made a deal," Brearn replied. "The divorce bit is wrong, I'll make sure of it."

"You lay a finger on her, I'll cut both your arms off," He warned him and unsheathed his sword. "But now that you've been caught, you are already done. Sweet dreams."

"N-No please!" He pleaded and Sheira covered her eyes.

Brearn then used his sword and stabbed his heart. He then pushed the dead body away.

"You're a very different person when she turns her back," Dior noted.

"I didn't build an empire by being kind," Brearn scoffed and looked away.